Miles Davis Bitches Brew is one of my favourite records( and has also one of my favourite record covers). I have about twenty Miles vynils, but strangely I never bought BB on vynil. ( some of the Sony reissues of the 80's had really badly printed covers and were flex versions) I have the Complete BB sessions boxset, but when the 40th edition came out I was hesitating to buy it for the double LP included. To cut the story short yesterday I found the double vynil as a special offer and bought it, the music on vynil audiophile edition. They had also the Legacy edition (3 times more expensive) and I discussed a bit with the vendor, but opted finally for the MOV, because A) it was much cheaper and B) the cover of the legacy edition has the ugly Legacy banner that runs over both sides of the gatefold. This morning I looked a bit on the net and it is quite confusing, because there are at least there different versions.

1. the original 2 LP (1969) apparently also at least two versions (360 and red columbia)
2. the 40th edition 2LP included in the boxset (same master as the original) 2009
3. 40th Legacy edition remastered (apprently the MOV edition has the same source as this edition) 2009

Has anyone compared these editions and how do editions like Music on vynil and Back to Black work when they get the licence for vynil re-issues. Do they use generally the latest digital versions or do they have access to the analog masters?