Thread: Tribal Tech Live in Israel '95

Tribal Tech Live in Israel '95

This is the closest thing I've found to a full Tribal Tech concert on YT. I'm not holding my breath for an official DVD release, so you've got to be happy with what you've got to be happy with. These guys were the shit!

Man, that makes me want to pull out my TT albums....these guys were capable of kicking serious ass. I still think the self-titled album with drummer Joey Heredia is their best compositionally though...they never topped that, though their last one, X, came close.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Man, that makes me want to pull out my TT albums....these guys were capable of kicking serious ass. I still think the self-titled album with drummer Joey Heredia is their best compositionally though...they never topped that, though their last one, X, came close.
    It's one of my favorites, though I don't necessarily think it's their best compositionally; that might be "Dr. Hee." Or maybe not. The thing I love most about the s/t one is how great (drummer) Joey Heredia sounded with them... and it's the only album of theirs he played on. I've seen some live YT videos of him with TT, so apparently he did some touring with them. I would've loved to see that!

That is awesome. Thanks!

Beautiful! Thx Ernie.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

chalkpie
    Danka man! Saw this tour in Albany in a small bar while I was living in Saratoga Springs in the fall of '95. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen to this day. Scott is just unbelievable - I like him almost as much as FZ but for many different reasons. Kirk Covington also RIPPED this shit to shreds, ate it, and regurgitated it all over again. No idea if this guy did blow back then but if he didn't then all the more power to him! I should also mention that I was so unsober for this show, it was silly. <----this is good for a start........
    Last edited by chalkpie; 12-04-2014 at 10:15 PM.

I watched the whole vid yesterday. It's great, except they do more blues in this set than any set I've ever seen them do, and I've seen them live 4 times. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather hear Scott play the blues than just about anybody else, but the overall flow is a little weird with them going back and forth between their Weather Report influenced compositions and blues tunes with humorous lyrics. In fact there were more vocals in this concert than there are on all 10 of their albums combined. Oh well... they still kicked ass!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Kirk Covington also RIPPED this shit to shreds, ate it, and regurgitated it all over again. No idea if this guy did blow back then but if he didn't then all the more power to him!
    It's funny, when you watch him, it looks like he's going to fuck up every fill he plays, but when you just close your eyes and listen, you hear a great drummer!

One of the times I saw them, an attractive lady named Hillary Jones was playing with them. She was really good! But I noticed Scott and Gary rarely made eye contact with her; maybe they were afraid that watching this cute chick playing fusion drums would've broke their concentration. I get it!

That was nice - Thanks !