Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neal Morse 2015 Tour dates

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    I wasn't trying to be snarky or pejorative. I was merely asking a question.
    Sorry man, no I didn't mean you. I was taking a theme and running with it...

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I was taking a theme and running with it...
    Typical progger...

Or perhaps I should say - well, this is a Neal Morse thread.
    Last edited by Plasmatopia; 12-12-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    Does anyone know if this going to be a Christian album? The press release does not say.
    After hearing this album coming together for a year now, there are, as always spiritual overtones. Probably less than the usual. This is no more Christian or secular than the last couple of TA releases. One song on the bonus CD is, perhaps, the most "Christian" sounding thing.

This is a very different sounding album than anything else Neal has done. There are contributions by everyone. Lots of vocal harmonies… LOTS. Balancing that is a harder edge to some things. There is one very pretty acoustic song, an epic, one song with a Kings X sort of vibe, one really catchy, fun song (this song has been stuck in my head for months… daily… no relief… not kidding… an ear worm the size of DUNE worms).

The bonus CD will contain one of the most overblown, pretentious covers ever done of a very pretentious, goofy song that was a one hit wonder in the 60s. It is great and painfully awkward at the same time. I was moved to tears after I heard it… tears of gut busting laughter (but it is a great what they did to this tune…).

This is not your normal Neal Morse album. This is a Neal Morse Band album.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam George View Post
    This is not your normal Neal Morse album. This is a Neal Morse Band album.
    Amen!

For those of you following Neal's solo career, you know that his last solo album "Momentum" was surely his least-overtly-Christian-focus album yet. The last Transatlantic album also is pretty light in that regard. And now with the new album being co-written by the entire band, I'm guessing this one is going to further that trend. It doesn't really matter to me either way - I love them all. I'm hoping there's still a positive spiritual vibe floating around, even if it's less overt. But I'm imagining it will be the most accessible album yet for those who have claimed to have been turned off in the past. Can't wait for this release!

Thanks for the insider description Pam. You had me at vocal harmonies and harder edge. Most anticipated release of next year for me.

I agree with Scott. The lyric approach does not matter to me. I love Neal's 'Christian' approach on releases such as One but I also love the more abstract approach of TA.

Really interested to hear what the others bring to the table.

963ad63da18d666eb1387f91e49aa7e1.jpg

rick..

Sounds awesome, Pam. Thanks for the update!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    For those of you following Neal's solo career, you know that his last solo album "Momentum" was surely his least-overtly-Christian-focus album yet. The last Transatlantic album also is pretty light in that regard. And now with the new album being co-written by the entire band, I'm guessing this one is going to further that trend. It doesn't really matter to me either way - I love them all.
    Completely agree with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You had me at vocal harmonies and harder edge. Most anticipated release of next year for me.
    963ad63da18d666eb1387f91e49aa7e1.jpg
    And this one!

Really looking forward to it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I just had a chance to read through the lyrics, as I'm helping with the packaging. Without a doubt, the new album has the least Christian oriented lyrics of all Neal's prog solo albums. Even less-so than Momentum. A few parts you can interpret it to be Christian, but for the most part it's all abstract and can attach you're own spiritual ideas to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I just had a chance to read through the lyrics, as I'm helping with the packaging. Without a doubt, the new album has the least Christian oriented lyrics of all Neal's prog solo albums. Even less-so than Momentum. A few parts you can interpret it to be Christian, but for the most part it's all abstract and can attach you're own spiritual ideas to it.

Now you've piqued my curiosity.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    This is when he's best, IMO.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Hmmm...I might have to check this one out.
    <sig out of order>

My friend Bob (aka Bobg56) and I bought tickets today for the NYC Highline Ballroom show during February 2015. Looking forward to it. Anyone else going to that show?

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    My friend Bob (aka Bobg56) and I bought tickets today for the NYC Highline Ballroom show during February 2015. Looking forward to it. Anyone else going to that show?

Library Jon
    I shall be there, as usual when Neal comes to town.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post

Library Jon
    I should, but The Musical Box is the night after that in Tarrytown. Why did I buy those tix again?