Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819
Results 451 to 465 of 465

Thread: Classical music

  1. #451
    Member hFx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    325
    Creepy but surely progressive?

    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

  2. #452
    Member wideopenears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    391
    Been diving deep in Rautavaara’s 12 Concertos.....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

  3. #453
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Spectacular !
    Oh yeah! Wow on that one. Cheers for that.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  4. #454
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia Area
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Been diving deep in Rautavaara’s 12 Concertos.....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have his Symphonies which vary in style. Do his concertos vary as well?

  5. #455
    Member wideopenears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I have his Symphonies which vary in style. Do his concertos vary as well?
    Yes, to a degree. I have his symphonies, but haven't listened to them in a few years. Will rectify that now.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

  6. #456
    Member Zeuhlmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Oh yeah! Wow on that one. Cheers for that.
    Its actually a tribute to Genesis ! ("Your Voice Out of the Lamb”.)
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 1 Week Ago at 05:09 PM.

  7. #457
    Member StarThrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    Creepy but surely progressive?

    I find it strangely beautiful. Never creepy.

  8. #458
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Its actually a tribute to Genesis ! ("Your Voice Out of the Lamb”.)
    Yes I saw that! It's an amazingly written piece, the performance is so good too

  9. #459

  10. #460
    Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Divided Snakes of America
    Posts
    1,099
    The Argentinian composer Ginastera (ELP adapted a part of his piano concerto for their ""Toccata" from Brain Salad Surgery) wrote one piece for guitar and it is INSANE! But is is progressive?
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year — the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

  11. #461
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,007
    Met HD on demand trial....watching Der Ring from 2011, amazing.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  12. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    The Argentinian composer Ginastera (ELP adapted a part of his piano concerto for their ""Toccata" from Brain Salad Surgery) wrote one piece for guitar and it is INSANE! But is is progressive?
    Just watched this and was completely blown away so I went to look for more info on the truly amazing guitarist only to read the horrific news that she was killed about a month ago when a truck hit her as she was riding her bike in her adopted home of Groningen, Netherlands the day before her 30th birthday.

    http://classicalguitarmagazine.com/s...t-is-silenced/

  13. #463
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,007
    ^sigh....that is terrible. RIP Ms Vlaskalic.

  14. #464
    Member Zeuhlmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,814
    Way ahead of his time but rather unknown to most.

    Rued Langgaard: Sfærernes musik (BVN 128) (1916)


  15. #465
    Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Divided Snakes of America
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Just watched this and was completely blown away so I went to look for more info on the truly amazing guitarist only to read the horrific news that she was killed about a month ago when a truck hit her as she was riding her bike in her adopted home of Groningen, Netherlands the day before her 30th birthday.

    http://classicalguitarmagazine.com/s...t-is-silenced/
    Yes indeed, it was all over the YouTube comments. A sad loss of a masterful musican so young and accomplished. A real tragedy for her and those who loved her as well as the classical guitar community.
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year — the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •