Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Hammill ~ ....All that might have been....

I listened to cine first for a couple times, then I switched to songs and retro.

While I am still only mildly enthousiastic I think it is a very intriguing album. It keeps calling me back for replays. I didnt have that with Otherworld or Consequences that strongly.

We think it's a superb album by Peter who is one lovely man! Always amazes me that such a lovely guy produces so many 'angry ' sounding songs but long may he reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    We think it's a superb album by Peter who is one lovely man! Always amazes me that such a lovely guy produces so many 'angry ' sounding songs but long may he reign.
    Yeah, I remarked to my wife after we bumped into him on the street before a gig some years ago that I could scarcely believe such a warm, gentle man was the voice behind songs like "Arrow" and "The Lie".
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Got my copy Friday and listened yesterday...love it. Simply love it. Not only is it one of his most flat-out exploratory recordings IMO, but he does it in a way that's totally removed from his work with VdGG. I find it hard to pick a fave, as I think I would rather just carve out chunks of two hours an listen to the whole thing, front to back.

For those who think most legacy artists are on the downward spiral, Hammill proves that some are making the best music of their lives.....right now,