Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.K." Final Tour: Europe" 2015 Dates

U.K." Final Tour: Europe" 2015 Dates

Got these from Wetton's site, don't have a Jobson Zealot membership but saw mention of this in the basic forum. Any one with more info?

22 Feb 2015 WROCLAW - Polish Radio Concert Hall

24 Feb 2015 WARSAW - Progresja Music Zone

26 Feb 2015 OSLO - Cosmopolite

28 Feb 2015 ZOETERMEER - De Boerderij

01 Mar 2015 LONDON - Under The Bridge
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    It's supposed to be Jobson/Wetton with Machacek and Donati.

I guess if Townshend/Daltrey/Palladino/Starkey counts as The Who, you can call this UK.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How to resurrect a career, then drive it into the ground.

By
    Eddie Jobson

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

I guess if Townshend/Daltrey/Palladino/Starkey counts as The Who, you can call this UK.
    I see your desired point but putting UK, a band that drastically changed after ONE album on par with The Two...err, Who, ah nevermind.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

No Bruford or Holdsworth, no UK!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    ...and No MET MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    What is wrong with Machacek and Donati?... they are both amazing and do a hell of a job. I can't imagine anyone doing Bruford's and Holdsworth's parts better.... And UK was obviously Jobson's band so why not? Using that logic you wouldn't have half the prog masterpieces from bands you love.

^^^ Agreed. I thought Machacek was fantastic at Nearfest. And I don't think Holdsworth was ever really sold on the band anyway. More like trying something new, for him.

I can entirely live with UK being Jobson, Wetton + whoever. They were great when I saw them last time at Under the Bridge and I would go see them again where I not expecting to be in Australia at that time.

Great though the UK/UKZ/Jobson solo shows have been, I hope the "final tour" tag (and I think there's a Japanese leg as well?) presages Jobson moving on to some new material. I thought the UKZ EP and the handful of Legacy tracks that emerged were all really strong.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Danger Money is the album I love from UK, so no Holdsworth is no loss to me.

Jobson/Wetton plus "whoever" works for me. Agree that the NF show was great and a tearful moment of joy for me. As much as I LOVE the 1st UK album. Hearing these songs played by only 1/2 of the original band did not diminish the quality of what I was hearing.

...Just wish I could see them one more time.

Wish they would do a new album for shits & giggles, then call it quits.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    ^^^ Agreed. I thought Machacek was fantastic at Nearfest. And I don't think Holdsworth was ever really sold on the band anyway. More like trying something new, for him.
    I saw UK twice that year, once with Terry Bozzio and then at Nearfest with Husband and Machacek.
    Even though Bozzio was part of the band at one point I enjoyed the Nearfest lineup more.
    I thought Machacek's position in the corner of the stage was weird, but that was their deal.
    Donati may be a middle ground between the 'excesses' of Terry Bozzio and a somewhat more reserved Husband.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

A post on Facebook announced:

A New Zealots' Update in the "EJ's Notes" section of the Z'Lounge!
    The "basics" include ... the final UK concert will take place in Tokyo on April 30, 2015. Details are still being worked out regarding venue and lineup, but EJ has promised to bring some very special guests. Zealots Lounge members will be offered special VIP packages one month prior to the general sales to the public.
    Additionally, a few European dates have been scheduled for Wroclaw and Warsaw in Poland; Oslo, Norway; Amsterdam (Zoetermeer), NL; and London. Further details will be available soon. This lineup will consist of Jobson, Wetton, Machacek, and Donati. As usual, pre-sales will be available to Z'Lounge members first! And, be sure to check the special messages from Eddie in "EJ's Notes."
    Henry

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I found the tour with Jobson and Gunn, Phillips, Minnemann, Howe doing a best-of prog show a lot more fun than the subsequent shows that I saw with Wetton, though maybe if I'd never had the chance to see UK (quartet and trio) the first time around I might have felt differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    What is wrong with Machacek and Donati?
    Nothing; they're both exceptional musicians, perfectly qualified for the job. Holdsworth wasn't interested then, I'm sure he wouldn't be interested now. And Bruf is retired. Jobson and Wetton could've done a whole lot worse putting a UK reunion band together.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Great though the UK/UKZ/Jobson solo shows have been, I hope the "final tour" tag (and I think there's a Japanese leg as well?) presages Jobson moving on to some new material. I thought the UKZ EP and the handful of Legacy tracks that emerged were all really strong.
    Hear hear. Though I worry that retiring UK means no UKZ. Is Eddie giving up on his return to rock music?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Hear hear. Though I worry that retiring UK means no UKZ. Is Eddie giving up on his return to rock music?
    It doesn't seem so. He's repeatedly talked about doing new prog-rock music, but progress keeps being delayed.

Henry

Machacek and Donati are this gen's Holdsy and Broof
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

A post on Facebook announced:

A New Zealots' Update in the "EJ's Notes" section of the Z'Lounge!
    The "basics" include ... the final UK concert will take place in Tokyo on April 30, 2015.

Henry
    So it doesn't sound like there will be many (if any) North American dates...?

It doesn't seem so. He's repeatedly talked about doing new prog-rock music, but progress keeps being delayed.

Henry
    So he is making delayed rock, instead of progressive rock?

I can entirely live with UK being Jobson, Wetton + whoever.
    Yeah, I'm good with that too. I saw the three piece with Bozzio on the reunion tour, but I have to say, I really like the 4 piece here with Machacek and Minnemann.

You make one sarcastic remark and everyone twists it out of proportion and gets their panties in a twine.

"A New Zealots' Update in the "EJ's Notes" section of the Z'Lounge!
    The "basics" include ... the final UK concert will take place in Tokyo on April 30, 2015. Details are still being worked out regarding venue and lineup, but EJ has promised to bring some very special guests. Zealots Lounge members will be offered special VIP packages one month prior to the general sales to the public.
    Additionally, a few European dates have been scheduled for Wroclaw and Warsaw in Poland; Oslo, Norway; Amsterdam (Zoetermeer), NL; and London. Further details will be available soon. This lineup will consist of Jobson, Wetton, Machacek, and Donati. As usual, pre-sales will be available to Z'Lounge members first! And, be sure to check the special messages from Eddie in "EJ's Notes.""

Don't think the Dutch concert will be in both Amsterdam and Zoetermeer...