Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball - 2015 Discussion

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post

Is it just me or does Joe Maddon look like a fucking jerk-off in a Cubs uni?

BG
    It's just you.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's just you.
    So, you're both saying that Brian looks like a fucking jerk-off in a Cubs uni?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Probably
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Now I have the image of Brian jerking off in a Cubs uniform.

Thanks.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I could understand rubbing one out on rather than in a Cubs uniform.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's just you.
    I'm not so sure!

chi-joe-maddon-photos-003.jpg

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Never happen, I own about a hundred jerseys, but the Cubs aren't one of them!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I'm not so sure!

chi-joe-maddon-photos-003.jpg

BG
    Wow, you look just like that jerk-off Joe Maddon!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Jon Heyman reporting Sandoval to the RSox is done, no other conf as yet

BG

Jon Heyman reporting Sandoval to the RSox is done, no other conf as yet

BG
    Wow - definitely not aTheo-style signing .

Sandoval's last three seasons haven't been much to write home about. Considering his weight, he may have already turned the corner. Not that he can't be a useful or even good player, at the right price, but you have to figure that the Red Sox would be paying him a premium to get him to leave SF.

David Ortiz will be retiring after this season. A man who, if he doesn't hit a home run, he doesn't run. A man who puts more time in his personal grooming than some people spend on their lawn. (Make what you will of that.) I know nothing of Sandoval other than a photograph of him at the plate. Will he be replacing Ortiz?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    David Ortiz will be retiring after this season. A man who, if he doesn't hit a home run, he doesn't run. A man who puts more time in his personal grooming than some people spend on their lawn. (Make what you will of that.) I know nothing of Sandoval other than a photograph of him at the plate. Will he be replacing Ortiz?
    Sandoval is a third baseman (although 250 lb third basemen generally turn into 265 lb DH's, once they hit the A.L.).

The only thing Sandoval has in common with David Ortiz is his body shape. When Ortiz was Sandoval's age, he was hitting over 30 HRs and was among the league leaders in OPS. Also, tellingly, Ortiz kept getting better between the ages of 25 and 29. Yes, he was on steroids, but it's not like he kept taking greater and greater amounts/quality of steroids over that period of time: despite the enhancements, his own personal talent kept improving.

Sandoval had a great season at the age of 24, but his numbers have dropped off significantly and consistently since then, and in a hitter-friendly ballpark. A three consecutive year sample at these ages is highly predictive of what the future holds. This must have a lot to do with the 3B market being weak. And who knows, maybe Ortiz can hook him up with some juice.

I'm guessing that Sandoval will be too enticed by that fence and it will adversely affect his play.

I'm guessing that Sandoval will be too enticed by that fence and it will adversely affect his play.
    Do 15 HR guys get enticed by fences?

Hanley Ramirez also to the RSox

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Do 15 HR guys get enticed by fences?
    When they're that close, yes.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Sandoval has better HR numbers than Ortiz did prior to coming to Boston.

There's been a lot of talk about the Sox re-signing Lester, but Lester's known to be not a fan of Ramirez.

Just realized that Joe Kelly and Hanley are now teammates

Interesting

BG
    Last edited by Brian Griffin; 11-24-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    At the same ages for the last three years, their power numbers aren't even remotely similar. Sandoval is pretty light-hitting for a big man, and he never figures to be much of a power hitter.

Considering that he was a hero for them in the post-season, the Giants can't be happy that he's gone, but by giving him $100 million, the Red Sox made the decision to sever ties very easy.

LOVE the Hanley signing. Woo. 10 years and 3 WS later, welcome back my friend.

From what I understand there is no confirmed Panda sighting in Boston. I think that was dialed back. I, for one, would rather go with Hanley and not both. But we shall see.

There's been a lot of talk about the Sox re-signing Lester, but Lester's known to be not a fan of Ramirez.
    Good. Maybe they'll pony-up for Hamels.

Really? That can't be anything awfully substantial at this point.

Red Sox CEO Larry Lucchino, last February, comparing the Red Sox to the Yankees: “We’re very different animals. I’m proud of that difference. I always cringe when people lump us together. They still are – at least this year – relying on their inimitable old fashioned Yankee style of high priced free agents. And I can’t say that I wish them well, but we’ve taken a different approach.”

Hmmm...

So, I guess Yoenis Cespedes is on the block now with the signing of their new left fielder who, BTW, has never played left field in the majors.