Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball - 2015 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Maybe that fast off of the bat, but I seriously doubt it was traveling anywhere near that fast when it landed.
    Right. That mammoth shot from Stanton last week was said to have gone about 105 off the bat.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Found these graphs on data between both leagues in the years using the DH. While there is increase in offense which you would expect to see in the AL over the NL that doesn't bear out in the statement more runs = more fans as the NL has more than held its own in fact leads in attendence. Intersting look though

http://sabr.org/research/graphical-view-sabr-era

Heading to Citi Field. Hoping the Mets don't get deBombed. Again.

Edit- deGrom tossing deGem.
    Last edited by Obscured; 05-21-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Dodgers at Jints.Kershaw vs Bumgarner.

Bumgarner homers off Kershaw.

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Dodgers at Jints.Kershaw vs Bumgarner.

Bumgarner homers off Kershaw.

I read where his last HR was off of Greinke, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Backstage interview to air on the MLB Network on Wednesday : Randy Johnson and Geddy.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/126030...ive-in-concert

I really enjoyed this, very cool.

Well, looks like Amaro figured out what's wrong in Philly.

It's not the aging team or the hapless spending or the desire to hang on pointlessly to the aging team that was haplessly spent on; it's the fans!

“They [fans] don’t understand the game,” Amaro said, according to CSN Philadelphia. "They don’t understand the process. There’s a process. And then they bitch and complain because we don’t have a plan. There’s a plan in place and we’re sticking with the plan. We can’t do what’s best for the fan. We have to do what’s best for the organization so the fan can reap the benefit of it later on. That’s the truth.”
    http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/05/26/phi...maro-rips-fans

Duh! We're just stupid to understand Amaro's plan! Keep following the plan, Amaro.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

"They [fans] don’t understand the game,”

This, from a guy who didn't know the difference between at-bats and plate appearances, who said that he doesn't care about OBP, who only began using analytics a year ago, who handed out the contracts to Ryan Howard and Jonathan Papelbon...and on and on...

He's such a fucking asshole. Philly was going insane yesterday over that.

Twins sweep the Red Sox. I have no idea how many years since that's happened. I don't know when the Twinks will come back to earth but I am enjoying this run.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    I now have a new bucket list item: view Randy Johnson's music room
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I now have a new bucket list item: view Randy Johnson's music room
    Absolutely, and I wouldn't mind seeing Geddy's baseball memorabilia collection either!

Syndergaard...more like, Synder-God! Another steller, 99mph fastball filled shutout. Hits the first Mets pitcher HR in nearly 3 years to the day; also vs. Phillies, to complete the sweep.
    http://m.mlb.com/news/article/126990...areer-home-run
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

^ Life is good. Today...
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Watching Marlins/Mets. The pitcher just got beaned in the back of the head with a hit. He's still pitching. That looked like a concussion. Ouch!

Greatest ....SGA.....Ever

Ring.JPG

If Denkinger didn't fuck me out of another Championship it would be even more special

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

So, I saw a clip of the Red Sox losing yesterday and got a glimpse of Sandoval running the bases. That dude is a fucking load and needs to drop about 50 pounds. He seems to be a bit larger than the last time I saw him.

Boy, is that team having some issues with the attitudes, too.

What a division. The Yankees lose 9 out of 10, win three against the Royals, lose another series against the putrid A's and they're still in first place.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Greatest ....SGA.....Ever

Ring.JPG

If Denkinger didn't fuck me out of another Championship it would be even more special

BG
    Seems kinda cheap. Are those genuine Diamelles?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Seems kinda cheap
    Cheap is what the Yankees do, only 18,000 get the SGAs, esp so considering the ticket prices their fans are being asked to pay

Cards pony up for 25,000, which is important, as I typically have several choices to purchase on e-bay

Two more rings and another beach towel will find a home here from the 2015 schedule

Are those genuine Diamelles?
    Of course, and the gold is 14K!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Just teasing, Brian.

ESPN has made baseball unwatchable with that strike zone box there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    ESPN has made baseball unwatchable with that strike zone box there all the time.
    Blame the umpires who don't know balls and strikes.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I actually like it, shows how crap the ump's are.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Too annoying. Let 'em use it for the replays. Anywho, King Felix vs. Pineda in 1/2 hour and my boys have deGrom starting their West Coast trip in S.D. too. Gonna catch some South Park repeats before those games.
    Edit- Both NY teams up 7-0 in the 7th.
    Last edited by Obscured; 06-02-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    It sucks, very distracting

I far prefer the "3-D" box after the pitch that can be rotated, surprising how few teams feeds have that - Cards do not, and don't show the "static" box enough for my taste

My patience has officially run out on Jason Heyward - for all the great signings and trades we've made, this one is a major wiff

He has 14 RBI in 174 at-bats so far in 2015, which projects to 42 RBI in 522 at-bats by year end.

I assume he's pushing too hard to try and make something happen, but he's been an over rated baserunner as well between caught stealings, not tagging up when it made sense, and getting picked off

I see a qualifying offer and a draft pick in our future, while I sure would like Shelby Miller back

BG
    Last edited by Brian Griffin; 06-02-2015 at 10:48 AM.

ESPN makes every game unwatchable. Unlistenable, too. It's almost like going to TMZ for the news.