Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zappa band members - solo

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I personally think that Keneally is easily the most creative, eclectic, interesting, and unique composer out of the whole lot. This is not to say the other cats are chopped liver, but Mike has a pretty rare gift IMO. His albums also have stellar engineering and he is quite artistic in his productions, mixes, etc.

The guy is a musical genius IMO.
    I won't/can't dispute that! The man is a bottomless well of talent and creativity!

I bought his debut, "Hat" when it first came out. I clearly remember thinking that he couldn't possibly top or even match that album's quality; that he "shot his wad," so to (crudely) speak. Boy was I wrong about that; turned out that "Hat" was merely the tip of the iceberg!

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I won't/can't dispute that! The man is a bottomless well of talent and creativity!

I bought his debut, "Hat" when it first came out. I clearly remember thinking that he couldn't possibly top or even match that album's quality; that he "shot his wad," so to (crudely) speak. Boy was I wrong about that; turned out that "Hat" was merely the tip of the iceberg!
    I was thinking the same thing back in those days. Then stuff like Dust Speck, Sluggo, and Dancing come cranking out with loads of great music! Looking forward to Scambot 2, whenever it gets finished.

I don't know if Duke's MPS box is still available, but that's a wonderful set if you can get hold of it.