Thread: Millenium - prog/artrock band from poland

Millenium - prog/artrock band from poland

hello folks i thought i should share this with you

i discovered these guys a year ago

their 3 latest releases (puzzles,ego, in search of the perfect melody) are pure gold to my ears

some samples from those 3 records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37lVdVYyv5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svjE-997nLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQOrQndUR4

some of you might like it :?:

Yes - I like them. I really must get the latest CD.

I think that there's a lot of good music coming out of Poland.

I think that Moonrise from Poland is far better than this band. If I'm not mistaken, Millenium's lead singer was also the lead singer on the first two Moonrise albums. Then on the third Moonrise there was somebody else, but he was just as good. Moonrises keyboard sounds are so much more interesting than those of Millenium, I find Millenium's music to be pretty unspectacular. To each his own, I guess.

yes as you say ,each to his own,i shall also check out moonrise when i have the time

For Polish neo-prog bands, Satellite and Believe are the best, IMO. Millenium is pretty good, though. I consider Puzzles their best work. Also, I heard that the great 90's band Collage is reuniting.

Not too familiar with Moonrise. Thanks for the heads up.

we all know who is da best out of Poland. That is Dianoya, of course. Next comes Lizard followed by Quidam! Wasn't impressed with what I heard by Millenium. Will see what Moonrise is all about.

There are a lot of people who say that Moonrise's music is not very complex, that it's simple - I can't say I disagree with that. Plus the lyrics are...well, how to say it...some of the bands where the members doesn't have English as their mother tongue, their lyrics are very basic and symplistic - it's the case here. But they have a somewhat Genesis and Marillion mixed sound, plus something of new age which is very captivating. The music is very melodic, with excellent singing and guitar playing. Plus those keyboards are excellent.
    When I listen to Millennium I wonder - what people like about that music? Sure, there are some good passages but as ahole their albums are too soft and dry.
    One more band from Poland which I think is good is Osada Vida - at least some of their albums, not the last one which I didn't like at all.
    And I agree with the opinion that Satellite is alright, at least their first album.

Quote Originally Posted by selmer View Post
    There are a lot of people who say that Moonrise's music is not very complex, that it's simple - I can't say I disagree with that. Plus the lyrics are...well, how to say it...some of the bands where the members doesn't have English as their mother tongue, their lyrics are very basic and symplistic - it's the case here. But they have a somewhat Genesis and Marillion mixed sound, plus something of new age which is very captivating. The music is very melodic, with excellent singing and guitar playing. Plus those keyboards are excellent.
    When I listen to Millennium I wonder - what people like about that music? Sure, there are some good passages but as ahole their albums are too soft and dry.
    One more band from Poland which I think is good is Osada Vida - at least some of their albums, not the last one which I didn't like at all.
    And I agree with the opinion that Satellite is alright, at least their first album.
    i have listening to moonrise now ,and they sound good, but i think millenium are better,i really like their 3 latest efforts.
    just a matter of taste i guess

Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    i have listening to moonrise now ,and they sound good, but i think millenium are better,i really like their 3 latest efforts.
    just a matter of taste i guess
    Moonrise isn't an ethalon of complex music and I definitely don't think that their music is groundbreaking and pushing the boundaries, if somebody is looking for that in their music then definitely that'll not be their cup, however I really like their full sound and production. The vocals, guitars and keyboards do it for me. That's why I also like some of Presto Ballet's, Frost or Simon Says albums - where there are a lot of keyboard passages with excellent production.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    For Polish neo-prog bands, Satellite and Believe are the best, IMO. Millenium is pretty good, though. I consider Puzzles their best work. Also, I heard that the great 90's band Collage is reuniting.

Not too familiar with Moonrise. Thanks for the heads up.
    Collage are reformed for some time now. They will record their 20th anniversary show on DVD and CD (17th January 2015).
    New Album seems to be in work.

Moonrise isn't an ethalon of complex music and I definitely don't think that their music is groundbreaking and pushing the boundaries, if somebody is looking for that in their music then definitely that'll not be their cup, however I really like their full sound and production. The vocals, guitars and keyboards do it for me. That's why I also like some of Presto Ballet's, Frost or Simon Says albums - where there are a lot of keyboard passages with excellent production.
    you said it well, i really like milleniums 3 latest efforts because of the same reasons,and their sense for melodys,and as you said about moonrise,the same goes for millenium,there is no complex music at all,and its not like i said that they are the best band in the world,they are not.as for presto ballet i really like them to.

you said it well, i really like milleniums 3 latest efforts because of the same reasons,and their sense for melodys,and as you said about moonrise,the same goes for millenium,there is no complex music at all,and its not like i said that they are the best band in the world,they are not.as for presto ballet i really like them to.
    The thing about the best band in the world is in some respect subjective.
    Presto Ballet are working on their next album, hopefully it will be out in the coming months.

The thing about the best band in the world is in some respect subjective.
    Presto Ballet are working on their next album, hopefully it will be out in the coming months.
    its nice talking to you, yes i know about presto ballet and their new album,i am really looking forward to that one,i like them even more than millenium,they have much more diversity in their music.

its nice talking to you, yes i know about presto ballet and their new album,i am really looking forward to that one,i like them even more than millenium,they have much more diversity in their music.
    Same here. Will be interesting what PB will come up with next, their last was alright.