Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any Living Colour fans?

I am seeing Living Colour at the WXPN World Café Live in Philadelphia on next Monday, December 1, 2014. I will post my thoughts on the show afterwards. I don't think that the concert is sold out, if anyone is interested.

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by devoidzer0 View Post
    For anyone who was not a fan of Stain, I urge you to check out this rare 1994 Japanese release containing live versions of many of the Stain songs. To me they surpass the studio versions, so much more power and energy. As a bonus, there are two b-sides at the end of the CD (one is a Prince cover). Here is the whole album:

I have this. It's awesome! Right up there with the Japanese version of Biscuits.

Wow! I am still recovering from seeing Living Colour last night. Great concert. The band played about 2 1/2 hours. The set list was wonderful. I was amazed how great their live version of "Open Letter To A Landlord" was performed. After the show, I bought a live CD and got the whole band to sign it. I found them to be really nice people. I talked to Vernon a little bit about Jack Bruce. He said they had talked about doing a second Spectrum Road album but even then Jack was having health issues. The guys said the new LC CD should be out during fall 2015. The bottom line is that I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I will definitely see them again.

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    Wow! I am still recovering from seeing Living Colour last night. Great concert. The band played about 2 1/2 hours. The set list was wonderful. I was amazed how great their live version of "Open Letter To A Landlord" was performed. After the show, I bought a live CD and got the whole band to sign it. I found them to be really nice people. I talked to Vernon a little bit about Jack Bruce. He said they had talked about doing a second Spectrum Road album but even then Jack was having health issues. The guys said the new LC CD should be out during fall 2015. The bottom line is that I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I will definitely see them again.

Library Jon
    wow... I'm gonna definitely keep an eye out and hope they get to Phoenix soon!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post

Library Jon

Awesome! That's great to hear.

Serious shredding from Vernon. Had to work or would've been at this show.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Library Jon, he said new album not until Fall next year? Wow, when I asked him in October he just said next year sometime. Almost seemed like there was some internal disagreement among the guys regarding the album.

Great group of guys. Very fan friendly. What songs did the live cd have on it? I was going to buy it but didn't have cash on me. I heard there is a new song on it?

The entire band said fall 2015 for the new CD. The new live CD is a 25 anniversary live performance of "Vivid" in its entirety with a few other tracks thrown in, including a brand new studio track which will be on the new CD.

Library Jon

Thanks Library Jon. What's the new song called. I know they've been playing Who's That?, Freedom of Expression and the Who shot ya cover.

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    Thanks Library Jon. What's the new song called. I know they've been playing Who's That?, Freedom of Expression and the Who shot ya cover.
    They've been doing Freedom of Expression for a while now, haven't they?