Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sound of Contact Begin Work on Second Album.

Well all arguing about sound aside, I'll have to play Dimensionaut again.

Good to see that you're back with SoC Dave. Hopefully you guys can get a number of albums under your belt before all is said and done.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

autobuy for sure.

Banned
    I searched the Internet for reviews of Dimensionaut and only found 1 which even addressed the production/engineering:

http://metaltalk.net/columns/20103317.php

The comments here are pretty good.

BTW the reviews on ITunes are almost all 5 star, with the average looking very close to 5 star.

WeatherWiseCDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Booba Kastorsky View Post
    Great news! I loved the debut: it was my aln=bum of the year, and it's always in my car, and I have been playing it in regular basis.
    I hope that this time the band will really take care of good mixing, and their new album will not sound as shitty as their debut!Come one, guys, take care of sound quality! Your music deserves good sound!
    I also hope that it will not cost $25 + shipping and handling, as Dave Kerzner's latest opus!
    You're not going to get your message across by being rude, Booba. Sure, Dimensionaut could have sounded better -- and it is already better-sounding than most current commercial rock releases -- but you still have to respect the work that the artists and engineers have done in the past. Otherwise, nobody's going to listen to you. They put a lot of time and effort into their work, and you're attacking it in the most blatantly unthoughtful way possible, using hyperbole to get everyone's attention. Their work sounds fine; to sound better would be a luxury. Your insults are unwarranted and disrespectful. Your comments could have easily been disregarded. Credit Dave for being an upright person, putting up with your comments and giving you a fairly comprehensive response.

I also don't understand your complaint about pricing. People have to make a living. It's even more difficult for musicians to get by; if you support them, help them out and buy their album. If you're too cheap to buy their album at a normal price (and discourteous enough to suggest obtaining the music in ways that don't support the artists at all!) while they take money out of their own pockets to make the albums, you really don't have any right to whine about their production.
    Last edited by WeatherWiseCDC; 04-27-2015 at 06:59 AM.