Thread: Pale Communion 5.1 bluray fixed

Pale Communion 5.1 bluray fixed

That's the corrected version of the blu ray now being shipped. My copy arrived yesterday and it sounds great. Did a quick side by side comparison with the original disc and you can quickly hear the improvement.

Good to a major label like Warners doing right by this, and the replacement disc comes very well protected - inside a sleeve, heavily packaged in foam, within a box big enough to house a boxed set of discs!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What was wrong with the original disk, and what did you have to do to get a replacement?

There was a technical cock-up in the mastering process for the blu ray disc included in the special edition.

I'm sure the boffins can provide more detail, but essentially the mix between the fronts and the surrounds got messed up, and as a result the drums and bass became inaudible.

The special edition came with a code for a bonus download. Warners set up webpage to use that code to register for a replacement blu ray disc. It was all very professional - they immediately emailed an acknowledgement of my registration, and then sent a follow-up email to confirm shipping. Disc arrived well packaged a couple of days later. Disc was dispatched from US to UK very quickly.

The cd was fine all along.
    Last edited by Valen; 10-12-2014 at 12:22 PM.

how does one go about getting a replacement disc?

It's here:
    http://redemptions.warnermusic.com/opeth-blu-ray
    My problem is I can't find this code Was a separate piece of paper inside of the package?

Quote Originally Posted by Booba Kastorsky View Post
    It's here:
    http://redemptions.warnermusic.com/opeth-blu-ray
    My problem is I can't find this code Was a separate piece of paper inside of the package?
    Yes - it was a coloured slip inside the booklet.

I entered my code, got the bonus tracks, and have been waiting for the email about a replacement ever since. I contacted Warner and got this reply:

"Since you have redeemed your download code after September 12, you will be part of the next wave of emails to go out with redemption codes for the replacement BluRay discs and instructions regarding how to receive them. We anticipate sending this email out shortly and you should receive it by the end of the month. If you do not see the message in your inbox at that time, please check your spam/junk folder in case the message is routed there."

That was on September 26th. The end of the month has come and gone and I've received no email...
    <sig out of order>

I just redeemed my code last night. I didn't know they were sending replacements until I saw this thread. They probably have quite a few to replace.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'll just keep enjoying my "illegal" download until all this is sorted out...