Thread: Renaissance and Mary Fahl

Renaissance and Mary Fahl

The Soprano and the Alto
    Annie Haslam and Mary Fahl

Renaissance are proud to announce that Mary Fahl (former lead singer with October Project) will be making a cameo appearance with the band at The Keswick Theater October 25th. A duet between Annie and Mary will be a beautiful pairing of two unique voices from the world of music.

Isn't Al Stewart opening? Sounds like a great evening.

I'm in love with Mary

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”

Wow. This is cool news. I am a fan of Mary's voice. I heard her interviewed earlier in the year on Echoes which I found to be interesting. Not sure if I can make this show even though I'm probably not more than 40 minutes away but it's cool news regardless.

OMG...Mary Fahl is the most unique vocalist ever! She is teaming up with Annie Haslam at the Keswick? Words can't describe Mary Fahi's voice. It's not only universal sounding, but in a class of it's own. "Bury My Lovely" reminded me ..musically and vocally of a superb YES song. The accent of the snare drum, bass line, and chorus were reminiscent of an old YES tune...yet the originality of October Project was a mask covering all of that.

I saw the last October Project gig at the Park West in 96, great show. Yes, I know they have carried on since then. But no point in following them without that voice.

And yes, it was "Bury My Lovely" that piqued my interest.

Last edited by N_Singh; 10-09-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    I saw the last October Project gig at the Park West in 96, great show.
    Jealous!!

Man, the first time I heard October Project was on the morning of that Park West show. WXRT played "Deep As You Go", and announced they were playing at the Park West that night. I was taken by the song immediately. If I was bold enough, I should have just chanced it and checked them out. I did however go and pick up the album. Been a Mary fan ever since, and her voice is still in amazingly top form, today.

Totally love Mary's voice and October Project.

good god, if that isn't a match made in heaven, then one doesn't exist!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm seeing Renaissance tonight in NYC. Does anyone know the full lineup? A recent setlist? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm seeing Renaissance tonight in NYC. Does anyone know the full lineup? A recent setlist? Thx
    I think the set list is to be new this tour. It's the usual Annie & The All American Renaissance Cover Band lineup - though lucky for you, Tom Brislin is once again joining the band for this tour. I saw him with them before and he smoked the whole band.

^. But no Jason Hart, right?

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^. But no Jason Hart, right?
    Jason Hart is so good. Wish he got more love. "I and Thou" was one of my favorite records on 2012.

Gotta say I'm jealous of those who are going to that show. Haslam and Fahl are a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Jason Hart is so good. Wish he got more love. "I and Thou" was one of my favorite records on 2012.
    Yes, it's great! And he recently posted on Facebook that they've just begun work on a new album!

I Googled "Renaissance band" and Google erroneously has them listed as playing Carnegie Hall tonight. It's The Concert Hall at The Ethical Culture Society they're playing at.

I'll be front row mezzanine - sweet. I plan to zone out and be carried on a pillow of mellow proginess.

Wish I'd seen you Jed but I was shooting video of the band and I guess you missed me! I shot the NYC and Philly shows and IMHO NYC was a slightly better performed show. I wish I could share video of some of this with you but as of now I cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Wish I'd seen you Jed but I was shooting video of the band and I guess you missed me! I shot the NYC and Philly shows and IMHO NYC was a slightly better performed show. I wish I could share video of some of this with you but as of now I cannot.
    Sure you can! PM me. I'll buy whatever's released assuming something is.

But I didn't even know you were there! It was a great show. The NYC crowd was really enthusiastic, and Annie seemed genuinely appreciative I thought.

Aw man, I would have loved to see this. I got into October Project recently, and their first album is in very steady rotation just about everywhere I go.
    flute juice