Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD burning question

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    I'm keeping an eye out in second hand shops. I had someone give me a 300 disc Sony changer but its doesn't even work. It will only power up.

As far as firmware, I doubt that's the problem but it might be worth looking into.

Bill
    Sony - I had to replace the drive belt in mine. It got old and broke. It was not fun. I still love that thing !

Actually, the one given to me is a 400 disc changer. The belts are bad in it. I hate to go buy a belt kit and install it when I don't know if the player is any good.

On another note, I had to buy some CD-R's over the weekend. Usually I get Maxell but couldn't find any so I bought Memorex instead. Every disc I have burned plays fine in the 25 disc changer. Wonder if Maxell has changed how their CD-r's are made.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    This was true for CDs as well as DVDs? I've only heard of DVDs being a problem when it comes to firmware...
    You know what? Im not sure, it might have been the dvds, I cant remember. I do remember even though it was a Sony in reality it was a rebranded Lite-on. I swapped out to a Plextor and never had an issue again.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    You know what? Im not sure, it might have been the dvds, I cant remember. I do remember even though it was a Sony in reality it was a rebranded Lite-on. I swapped out to a Plextor and never had an issue again.
    I used to be really into reading forums and downloading all the latest hacked firmware for my CD/DVD burners...usually Lite-ons. These days? The less time screwing around with computer-related minutiae the better.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    I hadn't thought about that. Very good point. I do want something I don't have to use Itunes for. Nothing elaborate. Just something that will hold a lot of music, is simple to use and will sound halfway decent.
    Sansa makes some good, cheap, easy-to-use mp3 players. I've had a few over the years and haven't had any problems. And they don't use iTunes.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally