Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Brother The Wind now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Glad to learn that 'we' can now judge music's value based on whether or not one has to pay for it....
    Unfortunately our society has us thinking that things only have value if they have a price tag attached to them. I will admit that there was a time when I was leery of bands on Bandcamp who were either offering up their music for free or giving us the option to pay what we want. I have learned that I can no longer judge a band by how they choose to get their music out there. It's a very different musical landscape out there than it was a decade ago.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Glad to learn that 'we' can now judge music's value based on whether or not one has to pay for it....
    (eye roll) <-- I'm using the mobile version

I appreciate that OSC makes a lot of their music available for free download. As I said, the MBTW album at first seemed quite similar to the free OSC music (and yes, given a choice between getting something for free or paying or it I'd usually go with free) but if you finish reading my brief post you see that after listening to the album I felt it was actually very well done and worthwhile.

Not sure why I had to explain that...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    (eye roll) <-- I'm using the mobile version

I appreciate that OSC makes a lot of their music available for free download. As I said, the MBTW album at first seemed quite similar to the free OSC music (and yes, given a choice between getting something for free or paying or it I'd usually go with free) but if you finish reading my brief post you see that after listening to the album I felt it was actually very well done and worthwhile.

Not sure why I had to explain that...
    You didn't have to explain anything Jed. Your meaning was quite clear.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    But my post had nothing to do with the value of music, it had to do with if I needed more of this type of music. And it turned out I did, because it's a very good album!