Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Gilbert's GIRAFFE: Lamb 20th Anniv. CD Details

This was a great concert, I was there....

A friend of mine that was a friend of Kevin's said there were three completed versions of Thud. Her story was he had these three versions mastered and after that process he would have second thoughts and go back and tweak. Is this true, Gruno? If so, what were the differences?

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    A friend of mine that was a friend of Kevin's said there were three completed versions of Thud. Her story was he had these three versions mastered and after that process he would have second thoughts and go back and tweak. Is this true, Gruno? If so, what were the differences?
    Innerviews, since this thread is about the Lamb, I transferred this question to this other thread:

Click HERE

'The Lamb' CD is on sale now!

http://kevingilbert.com

Thanks! Good luck with the Thud-book. Hope you'll make it.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Thanks! Good luck with the Thud-book. Hope you'll make it.
    The THUD book is done and in transit to us. News is on the front page of the website.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Was it expensive to get whatever license was needed to release the entire Lamb like this? Just wondering as I remember Robert Pashman saying it was expensive for 3rDegree to license Me and Sarah Jane for their live ProgDay release.

I miss Kevin, think of all the great music he had in him that we never got to hear

The eons are closing
    Gruno, don't stop by often, but as a fellow fan, thanks for all this.

Picking up Lamb with the acoustic TM.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Banned
    Alright and I'm hoping this comes from the original analog recordings made at the show.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    At the risk of banality: Gilbert's voice sounds incredible on these songs.

Like many of you I've seen the full video. I've listened to the Musical Box probably over 500 times and it struck me how pretty many of the vocal melodies are: a fact that I think Gabriel was taking pains to conceal
    And for me the intelligibility of his American (note only American, but California at that) accent makes it. Don't think Gabriel was hiding anything, I thought it was my tough time with the accent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    'The Lamb' CD is on sale now!

http://kevingilbert.com
    Ordered, plus Toy Matinee Acoustic, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Would love to order, but postage and packaging was almost $13 to Canada. Yes, I know postal rates have gone up, but $13 USD to send a single CD to Canada? Sorry, man, but that is outrageous and I'll not spend that kind of money. Shame, as it sounds good, but I cannot justify spending that much...almost doubles the price of the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Would love to order, but postage and packaging was almost $13 to Canada. Yes, I know postal rates have gone up, but $13 USD to send a single CD to Canada? Sorry, man, but that is outrageous and I'll not spend that kind of money. Shame, as it sounds good, but I cannot justify spending that much...almost doubles the price of the CD.
    You're a better man than me, the $5 shipping in the States knocked me out of the box, too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    You're a better man than me, the $5 shipping in the States knocked me out of the box, too.
    I didn't like that but decided the Toy Matinee + Lamb package for 25 + 5 USD was worth it. In 1990, we had an eclectic station in DC/MD which played Toy Matinee and it was a God send for me, bought it and loved every song on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Was it expensive to get whatever license was needed to release the entire Lamb like this? Just wondering as I remember Robert Pashman saying it was expensive for 3rDegree to license Me and Sarah Jane for their live ProgDay release.
    It wasn't VERY expensive but considering what an independent prog band can sell in the way of DVD/Blu-rays, we didn't want a lot of overhead. It would have been more to get the rights for the audio I think. The video was just a "sync" license.

Yeah, I think "we've" reached the point where shipping rates will kill the CD MORE than just people not wanting CDs anymore. The price of a CD is the same as 30 years ago-actually less!-and shipping is crazy expensive-even domestically with a very light CD (as we've used) without a jewel case or just the plastic holder like in a digipak. Really sucks.

That's odd. Shipping to Europe is $ 10,95 for both albums!

Shipping rates for cds are currently confiscatory and basically are trying put us out of business. It is doubling the cost of a cd. It is going to kill the physical disc as a medium.

I didn't like that but decided the Toy Matinee + Lamb package for 25 + 5 USD was worth it. In 1990, we had an eclectic station in DC/MD which played Toy Matinee and it was a God send for me, bought it and loved every song on it.
    I can only imagine you mean WHFS. \m/ from a fellow DC area native. (though not sure why you left us Virginians out.)
    rcarlberg: Is there anything sadder than a song that has never been played?
    Plasmatopia: Maybe a song in D minor that has never been played?

bob_32_116: That would be a terrific triple bill: Cyan, Magenta and Yello.

trurl: The Odyssey: "He's trying to get home."

I listened to the new edition of Kevin's The Lamb CD today. Man, this performance still floors me to no end. "In The Cage" .... it's like pure nirvana in my brain, it's the religion of prog in full bloom. If I had been in the audience that night, I surely would have passed out.

I had no problem with a postage cost. But, I stopped worrying about saving $2 forty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I listened to the new edition of Kevin's The Lamb CD today. Man, this performance still floors me to no end. "In The Cage" .... it's like pure nirvana in my brain, it's the religion of prog in full bloom. If I had been in the audience that night, I surely would have passed out.

I had no problem with a postage cost. But, I stopped worrying about saving $2 forty years ago.
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
    Mine was Cruise To The Edge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk View Post
    I can only imagine you mean WHFS. \m/ from a fellow DC area native. (though not sure why you left us Virginians out.)
    For some reason I doubted whether the antenna pattern of WHFS reached into VA, but glad to hear that it did. The follow on Jake Einstein station, WRNR did not reach into VA and doesn't cover Baltimore MD very well from the eastern shore location. WHFS would be the one.

The first reviews are coming in. Looking forward to yours and some from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I listened to the new edition of Kevin's The Lamb CD today. Man, this performance still floors me to no end.
    Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Shipping rates for cds are currently confiscatory and basically are trying put us out of business. It is doubling the cost of a cd. It is going to kill the physical disc as a medium.
    I think "we" (independent progressive rock bands like Glass Hammer & 3RDegree) need to see if we can talk domestic customers into us sending stuff out Media Mail which I think is much cheaper. It's been a while since I've done that but it's worth looking into.