Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look out humans! He's back...

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Jeez alou, Animals As Leaders rucking FOCKS! Err, you know what I mean.
    I sure do Saw them earlier this year at Rams Head ahead of their latest CD, and it was a pretty cool show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk View Post
    What's on the third disk? I wasn't aware and only got the two-disk version. I enjoyed [b][i]Dark Matters[b][i] the first time through, but with all the narration and voice-acting and whatnot, I don't see it being a frequent entry on my playlist. Sky Blue, however...

I'm a try to see him in Baltimore, he's always entertaining live...middle of the week is hard, though, might have to skip this one.
    The 3-disc version has an "instrumental" mix of Dark Matters. It isn't pure instrumental, as some of the choir work is still there. But the narration/voiceover stuff is all gone, as is any lead vocal lines.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I gotta track that down...I bet I'd prefer that version. The "karaoke" version.

Headin to see him in a few hours. Can't wait. I'll return here with a report due to this thread's wild, unstoppable interest!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Animals As Leaders played in Columbus during the late summer and I was stoked to go...but plans fell thru and I didn't make it, but a music friend of mine did go...no seats, all floor 'general admission', and there was 4 bands that played before they ever got on stage, lol...8 pm door, Animals As Leaders didn't get on stage until after midnight...with my squonky back, there was NO way I would have lasted until they played [hell, I would have been done in an hour or less] and I guess the place was packed, hot, and sweaty...I must really be getting old :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk View Post
    What's on the third disk? I wasn't aware and only got the two-disk version. I enjoyed Dark Matters the first time through, but with all the narration and voice-acting and whatnot, I don't see it being a frequent entry on my playlist. Sky Blue, however...

I'm a try to see him in Baltimore, he's always entertaining live...middle of the week is hard, though, might have to skip this one.
    I think it's the 2nd disc without the narration!

Dev stole the show. The dude is entertaining as hell. In my opinion, he should have been the headliner. Animals as Leaders are great and all, but after the hugeness and stage presence of DT, I didn't really feel it. Pretty much just stood in one spot and played. Amazingly talented guys and killer tunes though! I'd like to see them again, but just them.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Dev stole the show. The dude is entertaining as hell. In my opinion, he should have been the headliner. Animals as Leaders are great and all, but after the hugeness and stage presence of DT, I didn't really feel it. Pretty much just stood in one spot and played. Amazingly talented guys and killer tunes though! I'd like to see them again, but just them.
    They are trading off headlining duties this tour. AAL headlined at the Baltimore show. Devin headlined at the Philly show the next day.

Personally, I was thankful that AAL headlined in Baltimore, because it meant I could leave a little early and beat the crowds.

I was at the Rams Head show in Baltimore too...personally, I thought DT would have been the better headliner. But, I liked them all.

DT was definitely the most charismatic and engaging performer though...looked like he was having at least as much fun onstage as we were watching him.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com