Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kinetic Element news

I haven't been here in awhile but to let you know, the Ashland gig went great. We had the biggest turnout we ever have had in a Richmond venue, around 50 showed up to see us and Brave who opened for us. We will be back at Ashland Coffee and Tea on April 8 and it will be a "just us" show.

The band is actively working on new material now with new singer Saint John Coleman. How long it will take us to get another CD out is anyone's guess but it's at least a year away. We will be playing PROGTOBERFEST 2017 so keep an eye out for that, as the festival is LOADED with tremendous talent and we're pretty well psyched to be among all the bands more famous than we are. As usual we intend to prove we can hold our own with any of them.

You can see come clips of the show at Ashland from this last Jan. 20 2017 here: https://www.facebook.com/mar59piwo/p...70?pnref=story

Don't hesitate to drop me a line here or on Facebook. Please join up at https://www.facebook.com/kineticelementband/ and our Fans page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1682820928650103/

PROG LIVES> It keeps us young!
    Last edited by HoldYourFire; 06-11-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

Gig update. We did Chesapeake VA on May 20 and brought down the house. Figuratively. A lot of people who had never heard anything remotely like this are now KE fans and we had great opportunity to spread word about prog in general. And we are out and about tomorrow: Everybody within shouting distance of Richmond start gearing up for An Evening with Kinetic Element tomorrow Saturday June 3 at Cafe Zata here in Richmond. It is NO COVER CHARGE, although the bands accept donations. Sort of like what Going For The One did at ROSfest about seven years ago when they put that guitar case out in front of the band. NOTE CORRECT TIME 7 to 9 PM. Set list is all of Travelog, plus covers from Yes, ELP, King Crimson, UK and Rush. https://www.facebook.com/events/1434...story%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22 mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card% 5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D
    Next show unless something changes is Progtoberfest on Oct. 22. We will be instudio between now and then. Thanks for staying with us.

This is the update. KE has been working on this new piece called All Open Eyes for, believe it or not, a year, and the availability of our members has held up the making of a new CD. We've had issues between two of our members and in spite of that, we did manage to get this recorded, and sent it off to the wonderful prog legend Fred Schendel (Glass Hammer) to mix. We also did a show in Richmond on October 14 while the east coast prog world was at ProgStock, and another one at Progtoberfest on Oct. 22 which went over quite well. Unfortunately our brilliant guitarist Todd Russell has resigned from Kinetic Element due to the aforementioned issues, and so this is most likely the last piece you will hear that has Todd on it. We are considering a special re-issue of Travelog with a second disc to get this one out there, or perhaps a "prog single" if a 16-minute song can be a single. :-) We are pretty upset because some good things were developing and now we will have to pause yet again for personnel reasons. This new piece also has our most recent addition, vocalist Saint John Coleman, whose pipes got a good workout here, and thankfully he is gung-ho ready to record. But because of the personnel delays we still have to get the rest of the music for a full length CD composed as it exists only in snippets and sections right now. So it's hard to say when, or even if, there will be another KE album. So it's my sincere wish that you'd have a listen here, and leave honest comments with us on this thread, as we'd love to know how this strikes you, especially if you are a symphonic style fan. Thanks for sticking with us if you've been doing that, and we hope to have news about a new member on guitar, or whether we go all keyboards which was the original direction of the band back in 2006-2009. Prog Lives. It keeps us young.
    https://soundcloud.com/kinetic-eleme...mix-4-dt-sauce
    Last edited by HoldYourFire; 12-01-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Kinetic Element LIVE at Progtoberfest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Nx...&feature=share

We are in communication with a known guitarist who is laying down some tracks to replace Todd's on the new piece All Open Eyes. We are dearly hoping this works out and if it does we will have a big announcement in the not too distant future. Meanwhile we want to let you know that our new website is up and running at www.kineticelement.rocks, and we'd love for you to come by and visit, and leave a comment to let us know you were there. We're waiting out this frostbitten New Year's weather and looks like we will resume recording in mid-January. Thanks for staying with us. You are why we do this.

OK, friends and fans of KE, we are thrilled to announce that the brilliant Peter Matuchniak of the Gekko Project, the Steppes and his new group Bomber Goggles has consented to be the guitarist on the new CD we are building these days, and join Kinetic Element.

Peter was recommended to us by several of our fans when Todd Russell decided to discontinue his association with us after nine years and three festivals. We were contaced by seven world-class guitarists, but when we got about ten suggestions to contact Peter, I did so, and we have hit it off very well.

Peter has completed replacing Todd's guitar work on the last epic we finished called All Open Eyes. As great as Todd's work is, Peter has exceeded it and the rest of us are just euphoric that he is going to be on the new CD. He is working on fixing a couple of parts and when I get the corrected and mixed file back from him I will post it so you can hear it.

We are hoping to get this record completed during 2018 so we will have it out there early in 2019. It appears Peter will be available to perform with us if we should be so fortunate as to land a festival date. Of course, he lives in California and we are 3000 miles away in Virginia. How we will play out in our own area remains to be seen.

Please visit Peter at https://www.facebook.com/petermatuchniak.music/ or his personal page, and help us extend a welcome into the KE universe to him. We ask you to please share this around to any prog groups you frequent, or just share it out there in general.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Saw this on FB today, Mike! Peter is a great guitarist, so this is definitely good news. Best of luck completing the record!

Jed
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

Glad to hear it, Mike. Looking forward to new music.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Good for you, Mike!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Well laddies and lassies, this is how All Open Eyes now sounds with our newest member Peter Matuchniak on guitar. It's a long piece as is our custom, and if you will take 16 minutes to listen end to end we think you will be pleasantly surprised especially if you know how we sounded with Todd Russell. Turn it up. Peter's playing is particularly intense. We are pretty well psyched to hear what he does with the rest of the new stuff. We would appreciate shares from our fans and friends very much.
    Note, Copyright 2018 Mike Visaggio ASCAP
    https://soundcloud.com/kinetic-eleme...5a-corrections

It has been seven months since last I posted. Since then we have completed three more tracks to fill up a 47-minute LP. We're still talking about whether to leave it at that for the CD or put a bonus track on there.

Peter has more than fulfilled all our hopes for guitar work on this record. He plays with fire and yet has a very unorthodox approach to the instrument that we find fascinating. We have made a totally clean break with our musical brother Todd Russell now. We sound very different from the last version of KE with Peter and on vocals with Saint John Coleman. But it's still KE music, another journey into symphonic prog, with two epics, a more rockin' number, and a short piece that uses a string quartet performed on my new Roland synthesizer. There will be a fundraiser, of course, not to far in the future. I'm doing my diligence to get prices for all the things we have to do to get this out there.

I realize we are still not where we want to be in terms of popularity. It's our own fault because we were not ready to kick it up a notch when Travelog started opening so many doors to us. We have squandered our momentum and will be trying to kick start this thing with all of you. We are pretty sure that if you liked Travelog you will find a lot to like in The Face of Life, which is much more concerned lyrically with our own behavior as individuals towards the people with whom we interact in a world gone mad, rather than the sort of societal analysis that Travelog was. So yes, it's spiritual but not in any way religious (as you know I have little use for the organized church), and I have tried to offer a way to see things with different eyes than the five senses usually affords us.

Thank you, as always, for staying with us, and letting us take you on these sojourns into the philosophical while rocking your socks off. :-) Stay tuned. KE will be back on the scene shortly. We are shooting for a January release. Vinyl lovers will be able to add to their stash as well as CD aficionados. And yes, we are looking for a festival date somewhere in 2019. PROG LIVES. It keeps us young. And I need SOMETHING to do that these days. LOL

Keep at it, Mike. I'll be interested in your next release.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

We're in the home stretch for our new album The Face of Life. It goes off to the Glass Hammer guys to be mixed very soon and the artwork is being done by Martin Kornick of Man In The Mountain. Yes, there's a fundraiser. We need to raise $8500 and as of today we've raised $2110. Please visit our GoFundMe and consider coming on board. https://www.gofundme.com/kinetic-ele...album-20182019