Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise to the Edge 2015

Cruise to the Edge

Announced so far: Yes, Allan Holdsworth, Caravan, Nektar, Bigelf, Anathema, Banned from Utopia (Zappa alumni), Messenger, Lifesigns, IO-Earth, Airbag, Jolly.

Very happy for Caravan to be included in this, they've been working hard this year. And I guess this means Roye Albrighton is ok after all...

Looks like Allan Holdsworth is on board as well.

Cruise to the Edge 2015

Announced for 15-9 Nov 2015, leaving Miami, FL and visiting Key West, FL and the Bahamas, with tickets including a pre-cruise show and party on 14 Nov. Yes again headline the cruise, with other acts including Nektar, Allan Holdsworth, Caravan, Big Elf, Anathema, Banned from Utopia, Lifesigns, Messenger, IO-Earth, Airbag and Jolly, plus more to be announced. Pretty impressive line up to my eyes.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I predict at least one of those bands will drop out.

chalkpie
    I predict at least three of those bands will have to walk the plank.

Prediction?........Pain.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I predict at least three of those bands will have to walk the plank.
    Let's hope so

Can't wait to see McGuire in Hawaiian swimsuit.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I predict some people will vomit close to the edge of the ship.

I read a week or so back Eddie Jobson and UK were mentioned on the Facebook page as separate entities. Now, I see Holdsworth is listed to play on the boat , too.

Someone recommend Mr Jobson repeats his request to Holdsworth to reunite with UK while they are all on the same boat. While he's at it he should invite Bozzio, too.

Frankly, Bozzio with UK was a major disappointment to me a couple years ago, and I say that feeling that he's still one of the greatest drummers in the world. He's gone off to a different planet now; his style and the sound of his kit are 100% about chromatic soloing and improv. Terry's ability to integrate into what is still essentially a rock ensemble these days is almost non-existent. My $.002...

I heard Allan Holdsworth is going to be forced to roam the decks in full pirate regalia.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    I read a week or so back Eddie Jobson and UK were mentioned on the Facebook page as separate entities. Now, I see Holdsworth is listed to play on the boat , too.

Someone recommend Mr Jobson repeats his request to Holdsworth to reunite with UK while they are all on the same boat. While he's at it he should invite Bozzio, too.
    The FB site listed who had played in the past at that time. Eddie and UK have not been listed as going this year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    The FB site listed who had played in the past at that time. Eddie and UK have not been listed as going this year so far.
    ahhhhhh. my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    And I guess this means Roye Albrighton is ok after all...
    Let's hope.

Has anyone heard anything about Nektar's recent tour cancellation?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The thing is that this Cruise is about 14 months away! I wouldn't be placing bets on any of the old guard bands still being in tact over a year from now. Will all of Yes' aging members be alive and well when they're all nearing or exceeding 70? I just hope they have a backup plan!

That said, I will be watching the lineup additions/changes and hopefully attending this cruise if it proves seaworthy!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I predict some people will vomit close to the edge of the ship.
    ...or get the clap.

'round a 'bout the time Yes hits the stage people will gather.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by EJD View Post
    ...or get the clap.
    Or have a cocktail one of the lovable bartenders has dubbed a Siberian Khatru.

If YES will perform the new songs from the recent "Heaven & Earth" album, many old fans will run for the lifeboats.

CTTE should get King Crimson on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    While he's at it he should invite Bozzio, too.
    They're gonna need a bigger boat... Bozzio kit.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Frankly, Bozzio with UK was a major disappointment to me a couple years ago, and I say that feeling that he's still one of the greatest drummers in the world. He's gone off to a different planet now; his style and the sound of his kit are 100% about chromatic soloing and improv. Terry's ability to integrate into what is still essentially a rock ensemble these days is almost non-existent. My $.002...
    Make that $.004...

Right. Terry should just play the piano and get on with it.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Honestly, I have seen Terry with the Brecker Brothers (well, one brother and a very capable Italian saxophone playing lady who replaced the 'Missing Person'), this was the Heavy Metal Bebop Remake Tour, where he played on the original (live) record. This was one of the last recordings where he played with almost no (trademark stacked and muffled) Chinas and with a conventional Ride cymbal and was also still in his eclectic Zappa ('play everything reggae today') mode.
    I was actually wondering if he would adapt his current style to this gig (which is even farther away from his current gig than UK), and he actually did to a certain extent. (way smaller kit, and something akin to a Ride)
    While the first couple of tunes were indeed a little bit like he played from another venue, he adapted during the course of the show and was really locked in through the second half, also on the Latin flavored tunes. It was really interesting to hear it in combination with the amazingly characterful Neil Jason and Barry Finnerty playing it totally vintage.
    I agree that he should adapt himself more to the original sound & music but I still like his presence on any stage.
    So, that's my pocket change.

I'd love to see his solo show- I think it's very very cool. It's where his heart is at now.