Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Who tune- "Be Lucky"- Thoughts?

New Who tune- "Be Lucky"- Thoughts?

Most spirited thing I have heard from them since Face Dances. Could have been an outtake.

That kicks ass!

I'd bet my pension that your outtake comment is spot on. While Daltrey is much better now after surgery, he ain't that good.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

No, he is. Saw him on the Moodies Cruise earlier this year, he's sounding fantastic.

Didn't do much for me, but that may be because I just watched the 1970 Collosseum video. Still, glad to hear there's some juice still in the bottle.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The next tour will feature Pete running over his guitar with his wheel chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    The next tour will feature Pete running over his guitar with his wheel chair.
    That would be sweet!

Am I right to guess that the other 2 are Zak Starkey:drums and Pino Palladino:Bass?

sourdough advocate
    Great three minute rock song. Enjoyable!
    When in doubt....

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    It feels a bit long to me, even at less than 3:30. It could do with losing a repeated chorus or two and the addition of one of those trademark uplifting Pete Townshend vocal bridges.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

It's not unpleasant. However, what it is that Pete's mocking is a little lost on me. I hear all the AC/DC references -- is he making fun of them? I don't get it. I also don't understand the "299" reference.

It's ok. I liked the guitar more than anything. To me Pete Townsend is the king of the BIG POWER CHORD. His solos have never been anything too flashy but his chording is killer. Without Pete/The Who there'd probably be no AC/DC.

Wow, that's pretty lame, IMO. I expect tons of airplay.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Well damn...kinda sounds like The Who! Not earth shattering by a long stretch, but not bad either. At this point, anything by the Who's a good thing.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Maybe they're queueing up for another farewell tour.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

It works for me. I'm not expecting something on the level of Quadrophenia at this point and anything with this much energy is a bonus. Roger is fine. Like most of his peers, he's lost a lot but that's what happens.
    Last edited by Jerjo; 09-27-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I like it! Go on Pete and Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Logical View Post
    Pete and Roger.
    The Two.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Maybe they're queueing up for another farewell tour.
    They do have a big tour gearing up which they say will be their last major one. I know......we've heard that before.....

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Ooh! A new anthem for the Silver State! Will Pete sell it to CSI?
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

It's the lead single from the new album, Who's Left.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Logical View Post
    I like it! Go on Pete and Roger.
    I feel a little sad that, while continuing as The Who after Keith's death was a major issue, after John's death they just carried on with scarcely a pause.

R.I.P. The Ox.

As Adrien Belew would say "I like it!"

indeed this could be from their Faces Dances album... and if it had been the case, it wouldn't have made the album any better.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    indeed this could be from their Faces Dances album... and if it had been the case, it wouldn't have made the album any better.
    Yeah, that album was admittedly a bit of a turkey. "It's hard" as I remember was only slightly better. How was Endless wire?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Like a guy on the radio said, it's OK, but not something that makes him wanna windmill his air guitar.