Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prog shoes

Just in case anyone isn't aware, the preceding poster Guitar Geek, and Silver Shoes, and the Kobian dude are all the same Chris.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    The frell they are!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I remember someone telling me that he saw Starcastle in concert back in the day. Not only did Gary Straiter play a Rickenbacker bass, just like Squire, he even wore the same style fur covered boots as Squire!
    My wife might have a pair like that. Too bad her feet are so small.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Just in case anyone isn't aware, the preceding poster Guitar Geek, and Silver Shoes, and the Kobian dude are all the same Chris.
    The whole idea of choosing a new screen name on the iteration of PE was because I was trying to go incognito and not be recognized by anyone. It took me awhile to make up my mind whether to go with Scuba Geek or Guitar Geek. The only problem was, the first week, someone started a Grateful Dead thread, and I think my responses in said thread pretty much blew my cover almost immediately. Of course, it would have only been a matter of time before someone realized they've only ever met one person who uses the Farscape swearwords.

Oh, and it's Kobaļan, btw.

The whole idea of choosing a new screen name on the iteration of PE was because I was trying to go incognito and not be recognized by anyone. It took me awhile to make up my mind whether to go with Scuba Geek or Guitar Geek. The only problem was, the first week, someone started a Grateful Dead thread, and I think my responses in said thread pretty much blew my cover almost immediately. Of course, it would have only been a matter of time before someone realized they've only ever met one person who uses the Farscape swearwords.

Oh, and it's Kobaļan, btw.
    Do you still wear silver shoes to shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    Do you still wear silver shoes to shows?
    Yes I do. I'm onto my third pair of silver shoes now, officially designated Silver Shoes 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The frell they are!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Yes I do. I'm onto my third pair of silver shoes now, officially designated Silver Shoes 2.1.
    Hah, that's awesome. Post some pictures of you headbangin' with your silver shoes on at a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Homburg View Post
    I feel that musicians' shoes and boots tend to be unfairly ignored, as they are often excluded from pictures and videos. For instance in this photo of King Crimson:

This is more like it should be.

I-Giganti-Terra-In-Bocca-Front-Cover-10206.jpg

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The frell they are!
    Well, each is one of his multiple personalities. One has a childlike innocence, one is inappropriately seductive, etc.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There's a hole in my shoe...

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    This is more like it should be.

I-Giganti-Terra-In-Bocca-Front-Cover-10206.jpg
    Great album!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Great album!

BG
    and very good reason to listen it today.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There's a hole in my shoe...
    There was significantly more than merely a hole in my shoe at ProgDay, I'll tell you that much! That's why I finally had to retire that particular pair of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Radio interviewer to American football player: "What do you play best on astro turf or grass?"
    Player: "I dunno, I've never smoked astro turf"
    Actually, that was former Phillies Reliever Tug McGraw.

"I dunno. I never smoked any Astroturf." - Asked for a preference of grass or Astroturf
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"