Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Thorogood & the Destroyers

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Just found out today the reissues of the first two albums will be released tomorrow. I might just pick them up.
    A copy of the debut is on its way to me. I have a bunch of Thorogood CDs; the first one is till my favorite. I don't know which album was his breakthrough, but I heard 'One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer' on FM in south Jersey in 1977 and bought the album as soon as I could.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    A copy of the debut is on its way to me. I have a bunch of Thorogood CDs; the first one is till my favorite. I don't know which album was his breakthrough, but I heard 'One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer' on FM in south Jersey in 1977 and bought the album as soon as I could.
    Did you get the remastered version? I know Bad To The Bone was a big seller, but I think Move It On Over is also considered his best. I might get the first album as well, because I love One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'd go see him if it was close (and cheap). I dug the first two albums, right along side other boogie blues like Fab T-birds, but haven't put on one of his discs in decades.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Did you get the remastered version? I know Bad To The Bone was a big seller, but I think Move It On Over is also considered his best. I might get the first album as well, because I love One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.
    Yeah, I pre-ordered the remaster of the debut. I also really like the Haircut album.

I remember a thread long ago where people had to pick their 3 most hated songs.

Bad To The Bone was at the top of my list. (FYI, Rock and Roll All Nite was my number 2 and Old Man my number 3 most hated.)

^ that's understandable. overexposure will kill anything.

Just found out today the reissues of the first two albums will be released tomorrow. I might just pick them up.
    Had these two LPs (on Rounder Records!) back in the day, would gladly get them again.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Banned
    Yeah, I pre-ordered the remaster of the debut. I also really like the Haircut album.
    Get a haircut and a get a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Had these two LPs (on Rounder Records!) back in the day, would gladly get them again.
    How would you rate them? I know Move It On Over is considered quality work. I like getting debut albums from certain classic artists, because it's fun to see where they started.

Banned
    You should post a review once you get it. I would love to hear what you think.

Banned
    Here's Mr. Thorogood playing tribute to The Man In Black

How would you rate them? I know Move It On Over is considered quality work. I like getting debut albums from certain classic artists, because it's fun to see where they started.
    I haven't heard those first two albums in ages but I remember liking them a whole lot, fun rockin' stuff. Just looked them up on the net to see the list of songs, and yeah, I'd get these again. A lot of old blues and country standards done up in his style. I didn't get any albums after that, no particular reason, but then a few years later he started to get more popular and classic rock radio ruined a handful of his songs, but I'd probably want to see what's on those albums for the "deep tracks" which I've never heard. Plus those early albums paved the way for me to get more into old traditional blues artists, which I spent a good portion of the 80's exploring.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...