Thread: Any USB Turntable Recommendations??

Any USB Turntable Recommendations??

Finally got around to unpacking my ION Profile LP Turntable(USB connectivity/ability to convert LP's to digital)and alas, it is no longer working for whatever reason..My wife got it for me about 5 years ago, so I would guess there are better ones out there now...Just got back from B,B+B, Target and Best Buy, nothing except some cheesy looking Crosley's.. Guess I will order one online..Anybody have a good one to recommend? Willing to spend up to $150 or so..Thanks in advance..

Pro-ject is a good brand they have several at different price levels:
    http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=debutphusb
    http://www.project-audio.com/main.ph...tables&lang=en

lots of reviews on the internet

Wow, looks great, reviews great, but $399 is a bit too much ..Already have 1 active turntable and 2 BNIB..( all standard RCA connectivity)..but Thanks for the info!!

Audio-Technica AT LP 120

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Audio-Technica AT LP 120
    A very good turntable but ripping vinyl via its USB it will not produce a sound worth a damn. I haven't heard Pro-Ject's USB results.

Better to just get sound to your computer from your receiver and work that way. I don't think any USB TT will have a converter that can hold a candle to even a half decent amp.

At that price point I can't help you. If you are willing to go higher ($250), then I can recommend the Music Hall USB-1.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    They all suck. Convert all your digital to vinyl instead.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    They all suck. Convert all your digital to vinyl instead.
    8-track is warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    A very good turntable but ripping vinyl via its USB it will not produce a sound worth a damn. I haven't heard Pro-Ject's USB results.

Better to just get sound to your computer from your receiver and work that way. I don't think any USB TT will have a converter that can hold a candle to even a half decent amp.
    ^^^totally agreed. And get yourself a Dak 2800-PC mixer. USB turntables should all be put in the nearest landfill!

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    ^^^totally agreed. And get yourself a Dak 2800-PC mixer. USB turntables should all be put in the nearest landfill!
    The AT LP 120 is an excellent turntable. It just shouldn't be used to rip via its USB output. Use its analog outs through an amp and converter instead and it will sound fantastic.

Thanks for all the input ..I have a very good setup in the garage, more like a man cave/ gym, don't even park the cars in there, and that's where all my media is( including approx 2, 000 LP's) . The USB turntable is more of a novelty piece for my office space. It makes for good eye candy and when I get a whim to convert an obscure LP of mine, I was fine with even the ION's quality. But now that it is not working ( probably damaged in the move?) will definitely replace it and I am just about settled on the Audio Technica ATLP60 USB..around $ 129 just about anywhere online..

017.jpg018.jpg
    Last edited by beano; 09-07-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Is it the turntable that's not working at all, or is the problem with the software?

Why not just get a phono to USB adapter?

Then you are not at the whim of the cheap, resonant plinths and platters, and their inferior tonearms and cartridges.

After all, you are probably archiving you vinyl for good, why not do it in a superior way?

Something like the ART USB Phono Plus phono preamplifier / audio interface. At $79, it is better then the whatever is built in to the all-in-one turntables, and it allows you to use your superior turntable, arm and cartridge that you already own.

peripheriques-de-sonorisation-art-usb-phono-plus-v2.jpg
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Or bypass USB altogether, most PCs will accept an RCA input with (or without?) adapters to stereo mini plug. You could buy a pretty decent used non-USB TT for a couple hundred, if you don't already have one.

Looks like I might have a winner with this..I have 2 BNIB box turntables( Sansui P-1100 , Aiwa PX-E860)..And this will fit in the space I have available..(For over 20 years my wife had to put up with all my "crap" being in the house, I promised her and myself our new home would never end up like that! So, this is the only set up in the house proper..EVERYTHING else is in the garage/Man Cave now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Is it the turntable that's not working at all, or is the problem with the software?
    Could be either or..I deleted and downloaded the program again, still NG..

It looks interesting but Dak.com REALLY needs a webdesigner...
    When you talk about todays technology,and have a messy layout like from 1996, I almost give up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    For over 20 years my wife had to put up with all my "crap" being in the house, I promised her and myself our new home would never end up like that! So, this is the only set up in the house proper..EVERYTHING else is in the garage/Man Cave now..
    Does she put your dinner on the back porch too?