Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Live 'guest' appearances!

While IZZ hardly qualifies as famous, we did get to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCclEHLqnPg

Plus, I got to play with Tom Brislin (along with John Galgano, Laura Meade and Randy McStine) this year, and sat in on percussion with Necromonkey. Cool year!
    Last edited by izz_brian; 12-18-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I also enjoyed it when Matthias of Anglagard joined GBS on stage at NF Apocalypse for "Island"...
    Or when Matthias joined Anekdoten on stage at PF '94 for a cover of "The Devil's Triangle".

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I remember seeing an interview with Rik Emmett back in the mid 80's where he mentioned seeing that tour and that he actually like Morse's opening set than the headliners, because the other three guys got carried away with the "too many notes" style of playing, whereas Morse was apparently more restrained.
    I can see that. The Trio was at the height of that zillion-note momentum at that point. And Steve was just so tasty the way he blended genre's, tones, and technique. He made every note count. But again, seeing all four of them jam at the end was sublime...(those memories are especially precious now that Paco is gone)

IZZ is famous to me, have every cd plus seen them every time they have played the NJ Proghouse, their greattttt!

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    That must have been amazing to see. Even if it sounded like garbage, I think I would have collapsed seeing Steve Morse doing Freeway Jam.
    It was pretty amazing. It was tough for Holdsworth to follow.

Have a great recording of it. Brings back fond memories of my former life as a bootlegger.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head that I saw was when Rich Williams from Kansas guested with Glass Hammer for "point of know return" at Nearfest.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    In 1962 (during my folkie years), 2 friends & I went to see Joan Baez at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium (where the US Open was played before they built Flushing Meadows).

Halfway through the show she introduced her "project" from Hibbing, MN, who was previously unannounced.

No one in the crowd knew who he was, since the s/t debut album hadn't even been recorded yet. He sang "Masters Of War", "Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall" & (w/Joanie) "Blowin In The Wind" (pre PP&M's hit). They had already been written long before they made it to vinyl.
    Wow! Dylan has made that regular habit over the years, hasn't he, playing stuff live way before it's been recorded, hasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Everyone was totally gobsmacked, even though that wasn't a word yet in the states. Everyone was talking about Dylan filing out of the stadium rather than Baez. At the time, in retrospect, she must have realized that he was special & would steal her thunder, but at the time I figure she loved him so much she didn't care.
    Which makes it all the more unfortunate that she eventually felt compelled to write Diamonds And Rust.