Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Relayer Yes / Wilson

I read this thread as a twisted cry for this!-

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    It wouldn't be a true emergency if everything worked perfectly. My parents were completely cut off when Irene caused flooding...which took out the pole on the other side of the brook and ripped the phone and power lines right off the side of the house.
    Yeah, I think it's conspiracy to force you to buy a BIG GENERATOR. (Which I hear WIlson was asked to make 5.i.

^LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post

Cha cha cha...bla bla!
    Cha cha cha...bla bla!
    &LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    Yeah, I think it's conspiracy to force you to buy a BIG GENERATOR. (Which I hear WIlson was asked to make 5.i.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Never mind, the other thread got hijacked by "Analog VS digital" so mabe here we can actually talk about this release :P
    I personally cant wait,
    I think from the classical prog this is one of my holy grails in terms of 5.1 treatment.
    Still waiting for VDGG- Pawnhearts to get the same, but oh well, cant win them all...
    Only in PE,can a thread that I started to inform fans of Relayer getting the Steven Wilson treatment be ignored because someone started an analog vs. digital debate,(which I didn't see coming at all) and leaving me wondering why I even start threads here anymore. As far as I'm concerned,once a thread about a subject is started it should be THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO LIVE. Logically, this one should have been closed when flytomars recognized that I already started one. Fuck this shit,I'm done! Reading only from now on. No wonder I visit here less and less.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Let's see if people like Rand's rant better in digital, or analog:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Let's see if people like Rand's rant better in digital, or analog:
    --- -. .-.. -.-- .. -. .--. . --..-- -.-. .- -. .- - .... .-. . .- -.. - .... .- - .. ... - .- .-. - . -.. - --- .. -. ..-. --- .-. -- ..-. .- -. ... --- ..-. .-. . .-.. .- -.-- . .-. --. . - - .. -. --. - .... . ... - . ...- . -. .-- .. .-.. ... --- -. - .-. . .- - -- . -. - -... . .. --. -. --- .-. . -.. -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . ... --- -- . --- -. . ... - .- .-. - . -.. .- -. .- -. .- .-.. --- --. ...- ... .-.-.- -.. .. --. .. - .- .-.. -.. . -... .- - . --..-- -.--.- .-- .... .. -.-. .... .. -.. .. -.. -. .----. - ... . . -.-. --- -- .. -. --. .- - .- .-.. .-.. -.--.- .- -. -.. .-.. . .- ...- .. -. --. -- . .-- --- -. -.. . .-. .. -. --. .-- .... -.-- .. . ...- . -. ... - .- .-. - - .... .-. . .- -.. ... .... . .-. . .- -. -.-- -- --- .-. . .-.-.- .- ... ..-. .- .-. .- ... .. .----. -- -.-. --- -. -.-. . .-. -. . -.. --..-- --- -. -.-. . .- - .... .-. . .- -.. .- -... --- ..- - .- ... ..- -... .--- . -.-. - .. ... ... - .- .-. - . -.. .. - ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. -... . - .... . --- -. .-.. -.-- --- -. . .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- . -.. - --- .-.. .. ...- . .-.-.- .-.. --- --. .. -.-. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- --..-- - .... .. ... --- -. . ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. .... .- ...- . -... . . -. -.-. .-.. --- ... . -.. .-- .... . -. ..-. .-.. -.-- - --- -- .- .-. ... .-. . -.-. --- --. -. .. --.. . -.. - .... .- - .. .- .-.. .-. . .- -.. -.-- ... - .- .-. - . -.. --- -. . .-.-.- ..-. ..- -.-. -.- - .... .. ... ... .... .. - --..-- .. .----. -- -.. --- -. . .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. --- -. .-.. -.-- ..-. .-. --- -- -. --- .-- --- -. .-.-.- -. --- .-- --- -. -.. . .-. .. ...- .. ... .. - .... . .-. . .-.. . ... ... .- -. -.. .-.. . ... ... .-.-.-

Ok, now lets start discussing that font you have been using and why it's not Prog enough !!

Don't even get me started on capitalization .......

Could you imagine if every conversation was not allowed to stray or evolve? We'd sound like a bunch of cyborgs.

It's a public forum. Unfortunately, people seem to forget the public part.

It's a lot easier to sit in a corner and mumble to yourself. That way, you can control the entire conversation.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Could you imagine if every conversation was not allowed to stray or evolve? We'd sound like a bunch of cyborgs.

It's a public forum. Unfortunately, people seem to forget the public part.

It's a lot easier to sit in a corner and mumble to yourself. That way, you can control the entire conversation.
    I don't want to speak for Rand, but I think his issue is not that his other thread strayed, but that a separate thread was started to discuss his actual topic and his was left behind.

I agree with him that this thread was unnecessary. I may not understand the extent to which this bothered him, but I certainly didn't mean to "derail" the other thread. I was kind of pulled into the discussion as my name was mentioned, but it became interesting from there.

As is typical for this kind of thing, there is a fan element that wants only to be aroused that music by their heroes is being re-re-re-released. Why discussion that veers into analysis or even debate bothers these folks isn't something I've ever been able to figure out. FWIW, I've said more than I ever intended to say about this release. If people want to head back over to the other thread and chat about it sans the debate about whether digital remixes of analog albums makes sonic sense, it won't be interrupted by me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    I don't want to speak for Rand, but I think his issue is not that his other thread strayed, but that a separate thread was started to discuss his actual topic and his was left behind.

I agree with him that this thread was unnecessary. I may not understand the extent to which this bothered him, but I certainly didn't mean to "derail" the other thread. I was kind of pulled into the discussion as my name was mentioned, but it became interesting from there.

As is typical for this kind of thing, there is a fan element that wants only to be aroused that music by their heroes is being re-re-re-released. Why discussion that veers into analysis or even debate bothers these folks isn't something I've ever been able to figure out. FWIW, I've said more than I ever intended to say about this release. If people want to head back over to the other thread and chat about it sans the debate about whether digital remixes of analog albums makes sonic sense, it won't be interrupted by me.
    I'm sorry everyone,and thanks Jeff. I was having a bad day and I let my ego get away from me. It's all good,it's only music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I was having a bad day
    I would have thought that being the case you'd simply crank up some Heaven and Earth, and turn that frown upside down!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I would have thought that being the case you'd simply crank up some Heaven and Earth, and turn that frown upside down!

BG
    I'm actually trying not to burn out on it since I have listened to it so many times. Currently enjoying Saga-20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Currently enjoying Saga-20/20.
    Hey, don't derail the thread, pal!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Could you imagine if every conversation was not allowed to stray or evolve? We'd sound like a bunch of cyborgs. It's a public forum. Unfortunately, people seem to forget the public part. It's a lot easier to sit in a corner and mumble to yourself. That way, you can control the entire conversation.
    QFFT!!!

I'm not one to re-buy albums I already have because they've been remixed/mastered/whatever, so usually any thread titles with "SW" or "5.1" (which I honestly still have no idea what it is) I don't open. Not sure why I opened this one (boredom I guess) and then I saw the sparks flying and the drama. Then I read the reference to the other thread. Opened Rand's thread and found it very entertaining and educational. I agree with Jeff about 90 percent of the time regarding music production.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm not one to re-buy albums I already have because they've been remixed/mastered/whatever
    But how do you feel about bonus material? Consider the Rhino expanded Tormato: you've got about 35 minutes of "new" material there (i.e., songs recorded at the time but not previously released or only available in difficult formats), for an album that was released at a low price (currently $3:50 + p&p on Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/1rKGuIq ) I think that's worth getting irrespective of any improved sound in the remaster.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    But how do you feel about bonus material?
    I think I've sat through the bonus tracks on Tormato once. I find most bonus material of little interest. I bought the remastered Kansas catalogue (well, the first album through Two For The Show) mostly out of loyalty, and the fact that some of those old albums sounded pretty thin and low-fi, so buying the remasters had to be an improvement. But the bonus tracks are nothing special at all. Bonus tracks are not the reason I'd buy remastered albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I think I've sat through the bonus tracks on Tormato once. I find most bonus material of little interest.
    Fair enough. I thought better of them. You've got 7 "new" 1970s Yes songs (plus a hard-to-get b-side and a very different version of a known Yes song) and much of it's pretty good to my ears.

Henry

Fair enough. I thought better of them. You've got 7 "new" 1970s Yes songs (plus a hard-to-get b-side and a very different version of a known Yes song) and much of it's pretty good to my ears.

Henry
    And I still think I hear Moraz on that early version of "Does it Really Happen".

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by zorknapp View Post
    And I still think I hear Moraz on that early version of "Does it Really Happen".
    I've come around to the view that that's a distinct possibility, but I'm not 100% convinced.

Henry

I also think it is Moraz though some here will beg to differ.

I've come around to the view that that's a distinct possibility, but I'm not 100% convinced.

Henry
    A reasonable question is, that if it's *not* Moraz, then who is it? Thoughts?

Mike

Rick

^ Indeed. If it isn't Moraz, it must be Wakeman.

Could it be Wakeman? I think it's possible.

Henry

^ Indeed. If it isn't Moraz, it must be Wakeman.

Could it be Wakeman? I think it's possible.

Henry
    Agreed, but to me, the little bit of keys that are on it scream Moraz to me, and not Wakeman.

I know it's been discussed before, and until someone from the band steps up with some info, it'll be a mystery...

Mike