Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELIOPOLIS Release "City of the Sun" on 10T Records

HELIOPOLIS Release "City of the Sun" on 10T Records

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

August 26, 2014

HELIOPOLIS Release "City of the Sun" on 10T Records

Charleston, SC - August 26, 2014 (10T Records) - 10T Records will release City of the Sun, the debut studio release by HELIOPOLIS, on September 2, 2014, with a retail street date of September 16, 2014.

Formed in Los Angeles in the summer of 2012, Heliopolis set out determined to celebrate the uplifting power of music. They began writing their debut album, City of the Sun, while simultaneously undertaking a string of acclaimed live performances where the band proved their viability and commitment to excellence onstage, wowing audiences with their energy, intensity, musicianship and songwriting.

Comprised of former members of acclaimed progressive rock acts Mars Hollow, Rocket Scientists, Ten Jinn, and Genesis tribute Gabble Ratchet, Heliopolis features veteran musicians Jerry Beller (drums and vocals), Matt Brown (keyboards and vocals), Kerry Chicoine (bass and vocals), Mike Matier (guitars), and Scott Jones (vocals). Together they form a forward-thinking musical collective on a mission to deliver the very best in contemporary progressive rock music paired with an ultimately optimistic message.

"These days there seems to be a disproportionate emphasis on darkness," says bassist Kerry Chicoine. "We find exploring the balance between despair and optimism a more challenging and creatively satisfying approach."

Heliopolis compose intricately detailed long-form songs based on memorable melodies, 4-part vocal harmonies, outstanding musicianship and thought-provoking lyrical subject matter, delivered by five musician friends who share a commitment to passion, sincerity, and integrity.

"At the end of the day, we believe in the greater good," says lead vocalist Scott Jones. "And our focus is on creating musical landscapes reflective of our shared outlook."

"We enjoy mixing our influences, putting ideas in a blender and, hopefully, surprising ourselves with the results," says keyboardist Matt Brown.

"There are no limitations," continues guitarist Mike Matier.

"We are very happy to be in partnership with 10T Records," says drummer Jerry Beller. "Together we're committed to bringing the discerning music fan the very best in contemporary progressive rock."

"Working with Kerry and the rest of the band has been like a family reunion of sorts," says 10T Records president, Steve Carroll. "I was excited to hear this new venture based on the pedigree of the members, but never expected to be so completely blown away. This is top drawer stuff on every possible level!"

All tracks from City of the Sun by Heliopolis are now available to preview in their entirety exclusively on the Heliopolis artist page.

Downloads are available for immediate delivery. All orders for physical CDs placed between now and September 2nd will ship on or before that date in advance of the official mainstream release. After September 16th, City of the Sun will be available through your favorite retail outlet.

For further information:

Steve Carroll
    10T Records
    www.10trecords.com

# # #

Autobuy (gotta help get the bass player new jeans!)
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    Just listened through the entire project - outstanding! This goes to the top of my "short list" ...

Congratulations to Kerry and to everyone else involved!

Daayyuuum!!!!

Awesome. Been (somewhat) patiently waiting for this. Congrats to Kerry and crew!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Congrats to the fine men of Heliopolis! I can't wait for the arrival of this disc!

Steve

Ordered the CD. Looking forward to spinning this one.

Trigger now officially pulled.

Excited both to hear this and also for KerryJerry, the 2-headed rhythm section, and the rest of the band.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Congrats on the completion of a tremendous undertaking! Saw these guys live and looking forward to hearing the finished product. Wishing all the success in the world.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

I have had the honour of having been presented a digital copy of this release about a week ago (thanks to the band). This has been well worth the wait. A very strong debut CD (in my opinion). The songs are crafted well, and leave a lot of room for the individual to shine. I do not think too many people here will be disappointed. It is growing on me, and I find something new each time I listen to it. Congrats to Kerry, Jerry, Michael, Scott and Matt on a most excellent first release. May we be honoured with many more.

Will Greg or anyone have a batch of these to sell at Progday?
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Um, what's up with the Spinal Tap sneeze guard around Jerry's drumkit in that photo? LOL!

I'm totally psyched and on board with this album! It's been a long, painful birth, but soon I'll be spinning that baby right.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Saw the band for the first time and met Kerry last year at the Tarzana gig. Kerry, YOU are a mad man . And I was very impressed with their performance, but...Wow! Just listened to the long awaited album on the 10t site, and am overwhelmed! Amazing energy and excellent writing and musicianship, an outstanding debut! This album really (prog) ROCKS! Salute and congrats to Kerry and band. BIG !
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Kerry komp & guys.

Excellent stuff indeed (except for instrumental track "Mr. Wishbone" which sounds too complicated to my ears).

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Excellent stuff indeed (except for instrumental track "Mr. Wishbone" which sounds too complicated to my ears).
    I actually love how Mr. Wishbone's dissonant meanderings contrast with the beauty of Elegy, which follows it.

GREAT album Heliopolises!

Scott Jones reminds me of a sunnier version of early eighties Geddy Lee, and I think that's basically sold me on the album.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Listening and liking now, Kerry. Congrats!

God forbid there should be complexity in prog.

Actually, I really dug that track... it just ended too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by littleatlas_steve View Post
    I actually love how Mr. Wishbone's dissonant meanderings contrast with the beauty of Elegy, which follows it.
    My previous comment doesn't mean that particular "Mr. Wishbone" is a bad song. That's just not my cup of tea.

My previous comment doesn't mean that particular "Mr. Wishbone" is a bad song. That's just not my cup of tea.
    Just ribbin' ya; it's all good!

Congratulations guys! (Love the cover art too)

I just want another opportunity to party with the wild man that is Kerry (if he is still the wild man). The fact that his band rocks is another bonus.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Owner of a Horse and Cart
    Fricken great, gonna order when payday comes and can't wait for the live Heliopolis gig with XNA and Gabble on Sept 27!

http://www.heliopolisband.com/#!upcoming-shows/c6f5

Congrats!
    I'm looking forward to getting my grubby ears around this CD.

It's really good. I'm buying...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS