Thread: John Acock passes away

John Acock passes away

https://twitter.com/HackettOfficial/...01664150130688

"A lovely gentle friend John Acock has just passed away. We worked together for many years…"

He did some nice work on "Voyage of the Acolyte." Rest in peace.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Sad news.

Oh that is sad news.....RIP John A.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    NP: Voyage of the Acolyte

Bummer. RIP.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Sad to read this. He produced Steve Hackett's albums from 'Voyage Of The Acolyte' through to 'Momentum' - a lot of lovely stuff in there. There's a nice set of interviews with him starting with part 1 below:
    http://www.udiscovermusic.com/john-a...roducer-part-1

RIP john. Sad news indeed.

Yes, sad to hear. Love Voyage of the Acolyte. Will play it tonight as I drift off.

Enicnitas San Diego,Redondo Beach Los Angeles
    R.I.P. Fantastic British producer and serious gentleman and dear old friend John Acock !!
    John Acock co-produced nine of Steve Hackett’s solo albums.
    http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-...214613/credits

This is from a recent post from Yellow Shark Recording Studios in England:
    It is with great sadness that we have to report that one of our regular engineers and producers,John Acock has died after losing his battle with cancer.
    John was a very good friend to Yellow Shark having been involved in many of our best sessions,he was a gifted sound engineer and producer having worked with many great artists.
    We shall miss his kindness and generosity of spirit greatly and would like to take this opportunity to wish his family our sincerest condolences and sympathy at this difficult time. Jeremy,Malaki and Diten

I am a lifelong Californian guitarist from Los Angeles.I was in a famous Swiss progressive rock band Flame Dream.
    John produced,mixed our albums on Vertigo Records Phonogram.
    John was such a lovely clever,dry humored gentleman I got to know working with him in a little Swiss village outside of Luzern on Lake Luzern called Weggis when Flame Dream hired and flew him in to record with us using a small pre-production studio recording at a now long gone beautiful very old abandoned Hotel called Hotel Eden.(Shown on the back of Flame Dream's first LP "Calatea" (1978; Philips Records).

Later on,Flame Dream recorded at Aquarius Studios in Geneva Switzerland,owned by Swiss legendary keyboardist Patrick Moraz along with engineer Jean Ristori.
    This studio was a huge creative magnetic for recording signed European progressive rock bands and artists.A fantastic studio where Flame Dream mostly recorded at.
    It was a extremely schooling pleasure working with John there;and we all lived in Geneva for a month recording,and mixing.
    John was always soo inspirational and positive with me as a young 25 year old guitarist.
    John was a great man I always loved and look up too that taught me soo many things;and I am truly sorry I will not see him ever again.
    John always told me to never stop playing guitar.

R.I.P. John Acock.
    Many thanks John for teaching me as a youth...!!
    Dale in sunny San Diego,California. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=52-YiwokMO0
    Last edited by Hauskins Evan Dale; 10-21-2014 at 04:53 PM.