Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why aren't these guys more popular?

The singer kind of reminds me Magenta, musically Magenta is much, much better, my honest and humble opinion...
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastic Progo Rican View Post
    The singer kind of reminds me Magenta, musically Magenta is much, much better, my honest and humble opinion...
    Like choosing between a stout and an ipa. I like Magenta, but given the choice my nod goes to Cirrus Bay, only because I keep getting more and more out of their music with repeated listens, and Magenta I get most everything on first listen.

Although I do think Christina Booth has the better voice.

I bought their two albums (download versions) and think they are pleasant enough. My main criticism is that although they are "pleasant", there is really nothing that makes them stand out for me and they sort of sound like Magenta-lite to my ear. The other thing is the production and mix of their albums. Too stark. Too digital. It comes across as if you grabbed a bunch of separately recorded audio clips and then dropped them in a multi-track editior, balanced out the levels, and then hit the preset "mixdown" button. There are sections of these albums where it seems that nothing other than compression was added -- no warmth.