Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Rothery Band

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Steve recently mentioned on Facebook that Tim Sidwell filmed the Bush Hall show, and that he (Steve) is really happy with the footage so far, so he's keen on a DVD release. Fingers crossed. I'm holding off on that CDR too...
    That's great news!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Did you guys know that Steve's Pripyat album is on Amazon Prime? That's pretty good (I think).

No, but more people discovering this fine album can only be a good thing. It's been a favorite fo mine since it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wall View Post
    Mr Rothery seems to be very active this autumn with not only one but two releases ("Live In Rome" and " The Ghosts Of Pripyat"). I have always greatly admired his guitarplaying in Marillion but was a bit underwhelmed with some of the material on his website. Beautiful soloing of course but the songs seemed to lack some depth from what I could hear...?

I have still ordered both albums - autobuy

Any thoughts?

The Wall

I've got the studio album (Ghosts...) but doesn't it seem strange to anyone else that in the same year he releases a live album and a studio album with the exact same material? (except one extra track on the studio recording) I don't know why no one else mentions this? Why would you get both albums? The material is nice enough, but not amazing and so the repetition seems a bit pointless to me, though I guess his true devotees would feel otherwise. Is there something more to this story that I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    Why would you get both albums?
    I got the first three. The first live one came when the songs were completely new and the studio recording was nine months away, the second had a whole extra set with guest vocalists (and a couple songs I hadn't known already). I'm also the kind of guy who loves comparing different sets of similar songs just to enjoy the small differences in performance & feel, plus it's just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I got the first three. The first live one came when the songs were completely new and the studio recording was nine months away, the second had a whole extra set with guest vocalists (and a couple songs I hadn't known already). I'm also the kind of guy who loves comparing different sets of similar songs just to enjoy the small differences in performance & feel, plus it's just that good.
    Me too. At least with bands I'm really into.

I continue to be so glad this finally happened.

I really wish a US Tour were in the cards, but it's pretty obvious it won't happen.