Thread: Steve Howe's Top Five songs to listen to in his Mercedes Benz

Steve Howe's Top Five songs to listen to in his Mercedes Benz

http://blog.mercedes-benzsouthwest.co.uk/?p=2379

(I know, it's not new, but I had forgotten about it and hopefully some here haven't seen it before.)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Never saw that before - very cool, and some surprising picks. Thanks!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Chris Squire's top 5 tracks while being driven in his Rolls

1 - anything with me on it
    2 - anything with me on it
    3 - anything with me on it
    4 - anything with me on it
    5 - anything with me on it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Love Steve and his taste in cars and guitars---probably the only Yes member (with the exception of Downes) that can afford a Mercedes. lol

I wonder when he learned to drive. I know back in Fragile days he still couldn't.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Interesting that he picked an Abba song. I wonder if he sings along with Abba songs when no one else is in the car with him. Wouldn't that be a kick in the seat of the pants, he's actually more easy going than he let's on.

Judging by the songs, I guess he just got the "stock" stereo....

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Judging by the songs, I guess he just got the "stock" stereo....
    That model looks like a 2008. I have a 2008 E320 Blutec and it has an attachment for your iPod in the glove box. I don;t think I ever used the CD player in the car...

I'm Coming Home...what a great choice!
    I just picked up my 2014 CLA 250 last week and am over the moon! Front wheel drive, four cylinder, four door coupe MB. Looks amazing
    and fairly reasonable for a Benz.

I love the WRIF 101 sticker on the guitar case. That's a rock station here in Detroit. Back in the day they played tons of Yes. These days they play stuff like Metallica and Linkin Park.

Jesus. I grew up in Detroit. I remember Uncle Russ Gibb and WKNR (Keener radio!). And then RIF came along. You mean is it still in existence?
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.