Thread: Prog Magazine digital version problem

Prog Magazine digital version problem

I had been subscribed to the digital version of Prog using the Newsstand app on my iPad. However, starting with the new issue there is a new standalone app (it is no longer a part of Newsstand). The problem is, my subscription was active under Newsstand, however I can't seem to find a way to carry it over to the new app. It is asking me to buy the new issue or subscribe again even though my credit card was just charged for the subscription on the Newsstand app. Is anyone else dealing with this, and is there a solution?

Actually, I noticed that the new app is still under Newsstand, however it doesn't remember my subscription. The old Prog app is still under Newsstand, and all of my purchased content is available there. However, starting with the latest issue it is only available on the new app (which doesn't remember my subscription).

You need to authenticate your subscription with new owner of the mag. I have tried with no luck. Very disappointed.

Right there with you. I subscribe with iTunes. Old app still has all back issues. New app doesn't know I subscribe already. Under FAQ section you have to email them at the new app so they can MANUALLY verify the subscription before it will recognize you. I did that a few days ago. Heard nothing yet, and new app still doesn't recognize me! How do they verify with just an email, asking for no other info? Very disappointing! I'm NOT going to double pay! If anyone has success with the new app, let us know!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    Right there with you. I subscribe with iTunes. Old app still has all back issues. New app doesn't know I subscribe already. Under FAQ section you have to email them at the new app so they can MANUALLY verify the subscription before it will recognize you. I did that a few days ago. Heard nothing yet, and new app still doesn't recognize me! How do they verify with just an email, asking for no other info? Very disappointing! I'm NOT going to double pay! If anyone has success with the new app, let us know!!!!
    Thanks, I didn't see the question in the FAQ about it. That's a pretty unprofessional way of doing things. We shouldn't have to email them, the transition to the new app should be automatic and seamless. I'm not double paying either, and will unsubscribe if this isn't resolved soon. Sad.

When you email them, make sure you forward your latest receipt email from iTunes with your subscription information (that is also in the FAQ, in case anyone missed it). I have just emailed them, and I'm hoping for a response in a timely fashion. The email address is digitalmaghelp@teamrock.com in case anyone needs it.

One thing I noticed is that if you subscribe again for 1 month on the new app, you get a free 1 month trial, so you are not actually paying anything for the new issue. If you don't want to wait for your old subscription to be re-instated and would like to read the new issue now this is an option that won't cost anything. If worse comes to worst and they don't get the issue resolved by the end of the month, simply turn off auto-renew on the new subscription and you won't be billed anything.

Old man of prog
    I'm having the same issue as everybody else and have also got no response to my email. I got an email from itunes saying my subscription was set to renew on August 15th. Do you guys think my renewal will be with the new owner and I don't have to sweat it?

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    I'm having the same issue as everybody else and have also got no response to my email. I got an email from itunes saying my subscription was set to renew on August 15th. Do you guys think my renewal will be with the new owner and I don't have to sweat it?
    There's no reason you should have to wait until August 15th to read the new issue that came out a few days ago. If your receipt from iTunes says "Classic Rock Prog" and not "Team Rock Limited" it is referring to the old subscription. You will need to email your receipt to digitalmaghelp@teamrock.com and tell them to reinstate your subscription on the new app.

I emailed them and received this response very quickly:

Hi [name removed]

You’ve emailed in about transferring your old app subscription over to our shiny new digital mag. We appreciate your patience while we get back to you with the next steps.

Rock on!

Assuming it's an automated response. Did anyone else get this?

"Rock on!"

Wow

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Well, it took 5 days, but Prog finally transferred my subscription. I now have the new issue and around 10 older issues that have been restored and are available to download on the new app. There are a number of back issues I purchased which are not available on the new app for some reason, but I can still read them with the old app.

Here is part of the message I got from Ally at TeamRock:

Hi

Your magazine subscription account has been successfully transferred to the new TeamRock app.

Apologies for the steps required to activate your new app. Unfortunately the Apple Store works in ways which are out of our control and transferring your subscription requires tackling things on pretty much a case by case basis.

So I guess we can blame Apple for this fiasco as much as anybody. I'm happy the problem has been resolved, and take back any derisive comments I may have directed towards Prog/TeamRock in this thread. They came through in the end. I'd advise anyone else with this issue to be patient, it will get sorted eventually.

BTW, the new app has been completely revamped for mobile devices, and I must say, it really is a major improvement. It no longer feels like you are viewing a PDF of the magazine, the layout and navigation are now very tablet-friendly. There are also cool bonuses like an animated cover, a hyperlinked table of contents, and links to YouTube clips right in the articles. Bravo TeamRock!

Quote Originally Posted by devoidzer0 View Post

So I guess we can blame Apple
    Always an excellent option

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I emailed them a couple of days ago. No reply yet. I understand the complexity in regards to the App Store and subscription transfer and the need to be patient. It would have been nice to have some notification other than my existing subscription not updating however.

Are any subscribers not seeing the new issue (July 2016) on the iPad app? My credit card was charged on the 14th but the latest issue is still the Keith Emerson tribute. Usually I get the new one as soon as it's available.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Didn't we all see this kind of crap coming? Screw digital magazines!

I didn't know the magazine had changed owners, but I did get confused whenever I saw Team Rock mentioned as I had no idea what the F that was about. Even though the magazine isn't bad, I've been losing interest in it and no longer subscribe - I buy an issue at Barnes & Noble occasionally. All the shite about new UK bands that I couldn't really give a crap about was wearing me down. I don't have a problem with them covering new bands, but so many of them seemed not very prog (gasp!), and also it's just boring to read about some young band you've never heard or heard of before.

I prefer Progression at this point (actually I always did). Progression should change it's name to "Old American Progger."

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Screw digital magazines
    Virtual sex, I love it!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I buy the magazine with the compilation CD.
    Do you digital readers get the music to download?

My digital version gets blurry when you squeeze in on the iPhone. I just try making it out instead of going back and forth with them to fix it. Not resubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The physical version has a cracking 3-D cover of Syd Barrett ! I just had to have it !

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    All the shite about new UK bands that I couldn't really give a crap about was wearing me down. I don't have a problem with them covering new bands, but so many of them seemed not very prog (gasp!), and also it's just boring to read about some young band you've never heard or heard of before
    And they all wear the same black or subfusc threads, same shitty tattoos, same sullen poses. Why can't they be like that nice Jon Anderson and wear a cheesecloth shirt and ladies' shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Beebfader View Post
    The physical version has a cracking 3-D cover of Syd Barrett ! I just had to have it !
    Syd and others... yes, it's a very nice cover. The article inside isn't particularly substantial though, but it's something.