Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PROGDAY - So who is going this year & will it be your 1st?

PROGDAY - So who is going this year & will it be your 1st?

Progday is going strong 20 years. I've been to every one since 2000 except last year 2013. Looking forward to this year and hearing bands I have never seen and some I've never heard. Can't wait to see so many friends there. So who else is going and what are you looking forward to? www.progday.net if you want to check out some of the info and music.
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

Looks like I'm going. This will be my fifth ProgDay.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I think this will be my 4th. But first time not going solo - my 15 yr old son will be with me, which will be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I think this will be my 4th. But first time not going solo - my 15 yr old son will be with me, which will be a lot of fun.
    Please don't expect me to behave!

So I guess I'll be there for my 4th (also 4th in a row) ProgDay, Deb. Soon I'll be too f*****g old for this shit.

Now I'll wait for that older person in Canada to give me shit.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I think this will be my 15th or so. First was 1996, but I missed a few between.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    My second, bringing my daughter & her boyfriend
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

We will be there as long as weather will be decent. My oldest went to NC State and we moved her one night in a hurricane,monsoon,Tsunami and I don't feel like enduring one of them again.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    My second, bringing my daughter & her boyfriend
    Make sure to keep her away from all the hot eligible bachelors that frequent ProgDay
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Make sure to keep her away from all the hot eligible bachelors that frequent ProgDay
    Most mating battles are decided by who has the largest cooler.

"Hot"!!?? Overheated is more like it.

This will by my 10th in a row. Just love it.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

That's the boyfriends job, mine is to sit in the shade and drink beer
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I will be there, my 6th. and my wife's 2nd time. Went to the first 3, then life got in the way, and was back for '09 and '11.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Please don't expect me to behave!
    You know how on Fawlty Towers they explain Manuel's behavior by saying "He's from Barcelona?" I'll explain yours by saying "He's from Madison." I don't think you do anything his grandparents in Madison don't do! Except maybe dancing with the Green Fairy.

You know how on Fawlty Towers they explain Manuel's behavior by saying "He's from Barcelona?" I'll explain yours by saying "He's from Madison." I don't think you do anything his grandparents in Madison don't do! Except maybe dancing with the Green Fairy.
    Maybe I should meet your in-laws!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Unfortunately, it is very much up in the air if I'm going this year or not. About a month ago I found out that one of my arteries is completely clogged. I'm having my bypass surgery on Monday. It is uncertain if I will feel well enough after three weeks to come down for it. The assumption is that I won't.

This whole thing sucks as far as timing. I've had to cancel my vacation and going to ProgPower. The only reason why the door is slightly open here is that my wife would be driving and doing the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
    Unfortunately, it is very much up in the air if I'm going this year or not. About a month ago I found out that one of my arteries is completely clogged. I'm having my bypass surgery on Monday. It is uncertain if I will feel well enough after three weeks to come down for it. The assumption is that I won't.

This whole thing sucks as far as timing. I've had to cancel my vacation and going to ProgPower. The only reason why the door is slightly open here is that my wife would be driving and doing the heavy lifting.
    I hope Monday goes great for you (seriously, absolutely best wishes and luck for a successful surgery), and if you make it to Storybrook, I'll bring you a nice heart-healthy snack of some sort

Speaking of snacks, do any of the ProgDay folks know who will be doing the food service this year?

Speaking of snacks, do any of the ProgDay folks know who will be doing the food service this year?
    The Olympic Flame will be the caterer, again. Local Chapel Hill small business owners Louis and Iris Andros will be preparing home-cooked Greek meals - meats, vegetarian dishes, salads and desserts.

Lila and I will be there after missing last year. My 9th ('96-'99,'09-'12), I think she's up to 6 or 7.

We're not real fans of the heat though, which gets tougher every year. We're both carpetbaggers!
    I need to invent some ice-shorts or somethin'! But then there would be shrinkage
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

2nd since last years fun times. Looking forward to some new music and moderation in all forms.
    And snacks.
    [Wishful Thinking] Ah, to have random food truck drive by's[/Wishful Thinking]
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Magog
    Uncle Norm and I will breaking our ProgDay cherry this year

Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    Uncle Norm and I will breaking our ProgDay cherry this year
    What a lovely couple!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    The Olympic Flame will be the caterer, again. Local Chapel Hill small business owners Louis and Iris Andros will be preparing home-cooked Greek meals - meats, vegetarian dishes, salads and desserts.

IMO: They're the best food service ProgDay has had. Glad they are back. Very good food and nice people.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

What Steve said. ^^^^
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Food was great last year
    Ian