Thread: Bass rags

Bass rags

What's a good bass guitar magazine to read/subscribe to?

I went with Bass Player.

There are a few out there....Bass Player is certainly the most popular. I think it depends on what purpose you're "using" the magazine for.....are you a gearhead? Are you trying to learn tunes? Technique? Keeping up with the latest releases? I think there's a British bass mag that does a better job with gear, for example. One of the mags, I can't recall which, has a LOT of music in every issue.

Bass Player is a great magazine! I've had a subscription for years, still excellent.

I have Rapidfirerob's second-hand subscription.

Which I enjoy.

I used to subscribe, but when they stopped using hot female models in their ads, I just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    are you a gearhead? Are you trying to learn tunes? Technique? Keeping up with the latest releases?
    Well, all the above except the last one. I recently finished paying on bass equipment and took it home last night. I'm starting from scratch - never played a bass guitar. My lessons begin in January. I figured the contents of this zine will help with my education, and the subscription price is very reasonable. My wife & I are BAM members, so maybe there's a little off the price because of that.

...I used to subscribe, but when they stopped using hot female models in their ads, I just gave up.
    I can see how that might cause a man to question the value of what he's paying for

I have Rapidfirerob's second-hand subscription.

Which I enjoy.

I used to subscribe, but when they stopped using hot female models in their ads, I just gave up.
    Actually I've been ripping out those pages before you get the issues. Helping out your blood pressure.