Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trojan Horse

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Yes I do. I'm also a compulsive sonofabitch and this music sounds fresh and neato to my September 2017 ears. LOTS to absorb as well. I am also busy exploring Krautrock like Trump's fingers at Hugh Hefner's mansion, as well as some olde tyme Floyd - its been a while. "Echoes" is always a fantastic spin.

Also just pre-ordered Fukushima Surfer Boys. This is one of those bands that will be autobuy as long as they keep making stuff.
    I'm LOL at a certain part of this post.

Happy explorations/classic revisitations!

PS- Matt, have you checked out Stereolab? I'm riding a big wave of theirs right now and they somehow "fit" in with this way of thinking, although they are a bit ancient by this point. Highly recommended.
    I'll give them a listen.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

https://trojanhorse.bandcamp.com/alb...ma-surfer-boys

New album out today. I Have my CD on pre-order, but you can stream the whole dang thing via campband here. Only heard a few tracks so far but its pretty, pretty, pretty, good,
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Going to wait for the physical, but stoked is what I am. Awkward sentences are what I write!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    https://trojanhorse.bandcamp.com/alb...ma-surfer-boys

New album out today. I Have my CD on pre-order, but you can stream the whole dang thing via campband here. Only heard a few tracks so far but its pretty, pretty, pretty, good,
    Listened to it today, it is very good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Going to wait for the physical, but stoked is what I am.
    Stoked as Bram.

This album has Chaos Torabi and Peter Trewavas as guests, yeah? Listening to the title track right now and it soundeth goodly indeed.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Oh shit! That are some guests! I'll be listening to them play the rock and roll.

Oh Oh Oh Oh OOOOOhhhhh............I have a stinkin' itch that my feeble meatloaf is gonna get Fukushima'ed three times with a piece of bacon, starch, gummy beards, surf and turf as a 1.37 inch tall Ian Anderson figurine made out of raw donut jelly watches all of this unfold from his surfboard in the Firth of Fluff. Checker Chubby. Might be the buzz talking, or possibly the buzz. Not sure really.

79. 53672883745. west fukashima avenue.

Fuzzy fuzasumma shuma shima shuma. Shukafuma.

Herbie fuckin Hancock - are you fukasuming me??!!! Holy bloody fukuasuma hell!!! Funky daddy fuka shuma funkashima!!! Big funkashuma!!!

Fuck! Fuck! I'm not that drunk yet! Fuck! I will be soon! Mono Vilage Green now, though!!! Mono!!!

Oh Oh Oh Oh OOOOOhhhhh............I have a stinkin' itch that my feeble meatloaf is gonna get Fukushima'ed three times with a piece of bacon, starch, gummy beards, surf and turf as a 1.37 inch tall Ian Anderson figurine made out of raw donut jelly watches all of this unfold from his surfboard in the Firth of Fluff. Checker Chubby. Might be the buzz talking, or possibly the buzz. Not sure really.

79. 53672883745. west fukashima avenue.
    Who hacked my account/brain and wrote this bloody rubbish??!! I swear they'll pay. Marque my words.

Who hacked my account/brain and wrote this bloody rubbish??!! I swear they'll pay. Marque my words.
    It (account/brain) is a vessel for the interuders, or maybe you are interuding and THEY are the rightful owners that demand to be heard. And understood. I am going to listen to this right now.

GET HIGH SMOKIN TROJAN HIRSE
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

I'm glad that was all from the same day and not spread out over days!

My copy arrived today - listening to track 2 now, which apparently is the one Pete Trewavas guests on. Very cool so far, though not sure I've heard any real bass on it yet. But it's long, so...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm glad that was all from the same day and not spread out over days!

My copy arrived today - listening to track 2 now, which apparently is the one Pete Trewavas guests on. Very cool so far, though not sure I've heard any real bass on it yet. But it's long, so...
    Yeah, it was only one day....well there have been other days though.....

Got my copy today too! They must have sent the NY batch on the same day. I'll get to the rest of the album this weekend.

I did not detect the presence of Trewavas on track 2. I read on some review page that this is the track he's on, but it sure didn't sound like it. But the reviewpage could be wrong, or I could be wrong.

Theres real bass in there.
    He's in there.

...you just gotta find him.

Arrived today. Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but the liner notes are interesting.

I like the fact already that they've been listening to Flying Lotus and Thundercat.

I've been listening to Flying Lotus and Thundercat.

You should listen to Flying Lotus and Thundercat.

Syllogistic logic. Tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojanduke View Post
    Theres real bass in there.
    He's in there.

...you just gotta find him.

It sounds nothing like Marillion!

About a half dozen listens in (it got buried under some other new releases), and this one is finally emerging. Nice mix of synthed out rhythms and crunchy guitars.

How's it holding up for everyone?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I've given it around half a dozen listens so far, I'll probably end up liking it as much as World Turned Upside Down. It's pretty good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I am not too keen on this, the scales tip clearly on the side of electronica compared to the previous record. There are some great ideas, but they seem to get lost in this gargantuan effort. Having said this, I feel that all this falls into the bands aesthetic objectives, so it's not like they didn't know what they were doing. It's a good record, the band commands respect for their restless, musical explorations, but the previous record was much closer to my taste.

Sorry (but not sorry) to resurrect this thread, but I just got World Turned Upside Down and have been listening to it and thought "maybe some of the blokes here at PE have been talking about these guys..."

Lo and behold, you were! I just missed it by 3/4 of a year. But I'm here now!

This is great stuff. I even get a little bit of a Cardiacs vibe with it (just a little bit). It's real hard to pin down, and I like that. How's the new one?

Glad you're in the Trojan Hotel, room 167537. Ferth floor. Free mini fridge bar! The horse rides the yellow buck road. Cha cha Chu gold gold. Keith. Keith. Thanks. The other night and we can get a good idea for the delay cutting edge technology co LTD. Whoops. Beer.