PDA

View Full Version : Dun - Eros

zombywoof
11-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm listening to the new remaster and can't believe how great it is. Is there any one else lit up about this long out of print album? Any one else who's discovering it for the first time? Long time fans?

NogbadTheBad
11-02-2012, 08:27 PM
I've had a digital download for a few years but this new version is far superior. Love it.

zombywoof
11-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I've had a digital download for a few years but this new version is far superior. Love it.

Love the flute work on that one (but then I obviously have an affinity for flute music) and the interaction of the bass and drums. The album seems to fly by quickly whenever I play it.

zeprogmeister
11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
It's on my list..

Udi Koomran
11-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Glad you guys are diggi'n this
may I ask cd or vinyl ?

zombywoof
11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
may I ask cd or vinyl ?

CD. Wish I had the vinyl, but my turntable has been acting up lately. So, no vinyl for me for awhile, at least until I get that figured out.

NogbadTheBad
11-05-2012, 08:51 PM
CD its just too convenient and I don't currently have a turntable

notallwhowander
11-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I bought it as soon as the most recent edition hit the States. I think it ran afoul of my expectations. I was anticipating a dominant Zeuhl influence, but really Zeuhl is only one part of a really eclectic mix. So I've shelved it for the moment, until I can go at it with an expectation for what it actually is, rather than what I thought it would be.

NogbadTheBad
11-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Good approach it's certainly not straight ahead zeuhl but it has a certain charm all of it's own particularly related to the flute playing

ske
11-06-2012, 06:34 AM
i never understood too much the zeuhl label of this one, if this came from estonia i guess the zeuhl word would have never been used. It's a great one whichever label it gets, tho. Still have to listen to the remaster, i will soon :)

zombywoof
11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Good approach it's certainly not straight ahead zeuhl but it has a certain charm all of it's own particularly related to the flute playing

Yeah, I think it has more in common with RIO than anything Zeuhl.

Progbear
11-06-2012, 03:26 PM

That and the xylophone playing, which reminds me of Zappa.

-------------
MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Parece cosa de maligno. Los pianos no estallan por casualidad." --Gabriel Garcia Marquez

N.P.:“Clavicula nox”-Therion/Vovin

BrianG
11-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm really loving the CD too. It is my favorite of this brand of music since the Spe record. I had it digitally for years, but never clicked until I heard this release.

Ludovico
12-09-2012, 07:17 AM
may I ask cd or vinyl ?

CD of course, this format is much better than vinyl, as Alain releases most of SZ catalog on CD i think he agrees too.

Jymbot
12-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Need you ask?

Masterman = origional vinyl.

bburman
12-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I love the album, and the reissue especially. The bonus tracks offer a lot of insight into how this complex and fascinating music evolved. I like a few Zeuhl groups besides Magma, but most of them just seem too Magma-derivative for me. Dün have more going on melodically, and I love the drumming too.