PDA

View Full Version : 50 bucks if u tell me how to get this drums sound from a strat!

Bob E
09-19-2013, 07:35 PM
50 bucks if u tell me how to get this electronic drum beat sound from a strat!

http://marbin.bandcamp.com/track/rust

See if you can guess... ??

Scott Bails
09-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I'll give you credit - I like your music, and your spam is creative.

Supersonic Scientist
09-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I've had about enough of this guy already too. Time to block this putz.

A. Scherze
09-19-2013, 08:35 PM

Stick the Strat up your ass, then swing it around to hit the drummer in the back of his head to cue him to fall face first and unconscious onto a Simmons set and, hopefully, tearing you a new one, at the same time.

You can donate my winnings to the home for feeble-minded guitarists.

Bob E
09-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Stick the Strat up your ass, then swing it around to hit the drummer in the back of his head to cue him to fall face first and unconscious onto a Simmons set and, hopefully, tearing you a new one, at the same time.

You can donate my winnings to the home for feeble-minded guitarists.

That's actually not how that sound was made. good guess though :)

Poisoned Youth
09-19-2013, 09:20 PM

Dude, a little goes a long way. You're about 3 threads beyond your monthly spam limit. It seems like you like to talk music...and from an artist's perspective, which is great.

Do you know of any bands besides Marbin? If so, you could be a valuable contributor here. But all you're doing to date, frankly, is turning people off your music, and not exactly endearing yourself to the mgmt.

Bob E
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Dude, a little goes a long way. You're about 3 threads beyond your monthly spam limit. It seems like you like to talk music...and from an artist's perspective, which is great.

Do you know of any bands besides Marbin? If so, you could be a valuable contributor here. But all you're doing to date, frankly, is turning people off your music, and not exactly endearing yourself to the mgmt.

Noted! i'll work on that :)

Brian Griffin
09-20-2013, 12:11 PM
The dude is on his way to being even more hated than his brother, Trevor

BG

Yodelgoat
09-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Hey, the dude has zero posts, just like everybody else here! ;)

I really like your music. Oh wait, that's close to the edge that's playing in my headphones. I'll get over and listen to your music just as soon as I get through the other 50 million bands that are out there trying to peddle their music legitimately. You're in the queue - scheduled right after the latest Blue Vino release. :horns

fictionmusic
09-24-2013, 03:10 PM
This:

http://dannybarnes.com/blog/how-make-living-playing-music

is a great page full of advice (and I know you have a series on Youtube very similar in some respects), but the advice from that page I would urge you to read would be this:

"i'm not really a self promotion person, and find that sort of distasteful. in my experience the strong self promotion vibe alienates people or attracts folks that you don't want to work with. maybe i just didn't do it right but this did not work for me. i've had much better results endeavoring to let the art speak for itself."

Wilton Said...
10-05-2013, 12:07 AM
This:

http://dannybarnes.com/blog/how-make-living-playing-music

is a great page full of advice (and I know you have a series on Youtube very similar in some respects), but the advice from that page I would urge you to read would be this:

"i'm not really a self promotion person, and find that sort of distasteful. in my experience the strong self promotion vibe alienates people or attracts folks that you don't want to work with. maybe i just didn't do it right but this did not work for me. i've had much better results endeavoring to let the art speak for itself."

Hi David. Thanks for posting the link to Danny Barnes article. Very interesting.

Wilton

Yodelgoat
10-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Danny Barnes - Good advice.