PDA

View Full Version : prog vendor to avoid permanently

prognoir
04-04-2013, 12:10 PM
moc.dcresal i mailed money order he said he never got it whateva now i cant use his shop due to post office or wal-marts end well u just lost 600 dollars of buiness u douche

Dave (in MA)
04-04-2013, 01:16 PM
What did the address on the envelope look like?

Yves
04-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I see....

Dave (in MA)
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Note that this thread is the only instance of "moc.dcresal" on the www, so it seems there's little risk of any PEers not avoiding this mysterious prog vendor.

Mikhael
04-04-2013, 01:42 PM
moc.dcresal i mailed money order he said he never got it whateva now i cant use his shop due to post office or wal-marts end well u just lost 600 dollars of buiness u douche

I'm still tryin' to guess what language this is... :)

ItalProgRules
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I like pie.

Jerjo
04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U

bill g
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Prognoir: I cannot locate this vendor. Is Moc.dcresal the actual name of the vendor? Most use syn-phonic, lasers edge, kinesis, progress records without anything but great service. By the way, you can go to your bank and track that money order. If you have a bank like Chase they can track it immediately, and see if it was cashed.

Garden Dreamer
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Hint: reverse moc.dcresal.

The bigger question is what this guy does for a living that he can place a $600 CD order. In the past he's claimed to own over 3,000 CDs.

Gruno
04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Most use syn-phonic

This is the one that sells 'imports' from Japan even though he knows they are strict bootlegs and illegal material. Shame on him and sad for the customers he dupes.

ItalProgRules
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Strange that someone who can't spell "you" can spell "douche."

Dave (in MA)
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM

The bigger question is what this guy does for a living that he can place a $600 CD order.
Stenographer.

Dave (in MA)
04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Strange that someone who can't spell "you" can spell "douche."
He can successfully type in French and backwards English.

Dave (in MA)
04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Doink!

That never occurred to me.

Yves
04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
So he was dealing with Ken? And he's claiming Ken ripped him off? This is serious indeed. What are the chances that this occurred the way the OP presented it? My guess would be 0%.

mozo-pg
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Waiting for the shit to fly.

Scrotum Scissor
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Seriously; this does not belong in the main section - if at all.

bill g
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM

Oh, that didn't occur to me either. Ken is a good guy, and this is a misunderstanding that can probably be easily rectified. Prognoir needs to go to his bank and have them track the money order. If it was lost in the mail, they can reissue it same day (if its a decent bank). This does not have to get ugly.

progeezer
04-04-2013, 02:42 PM
prognoir (only his CURRENT name - another banned asshole back for more until they ban him again) doesn't give a shit what anyone says about him. Complete idiots never do.

Wounded Land
04-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I have done thousands of dollars of business with Ken over the years, and have never experienced anything less than exemplary customer service. I'm sorry that you appear to be having an issue right now, but based on my many, many experiences with the Laser's Edge, I would urge my fellow PE-ers to buy with confidence.

NP: Frank Zappa Roxy & Elsewhere

progeezer
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
So would I, WL.

Don Arnold
04-04-2013, 02:54 PM
:up for Laser's Edge

:up for Syn-phonic

and I'm sure thumbs up for other prog vendors out there too (I don't order a lot, and only have experience with LE & Syn, both of which have provided exemplary service).

Sunhillow
04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Now, Prognoir is on my ignore-list, like you all should do. Is there a way to actually hid all threads started by the ones on your ignore-list, so you don't have to see anything he writes?

Scott Bails
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.vibrantvictoria.ca/forum/images/smilies/muching_out.gif

LASERCD
04-04-2013, 03:05 PM
This is the only time I'll post about this and hopefully the moderators will remove the thread and ban Prognoir aka Jegheist - real name Jonathan Crout once and for all.

Jonathan tried to place an order on our website. It was declined by his bank. He replaced the order and indicated payment by check. After 2 1/2 weeks we had not received it. I contacted him and told him that I would not honor his orders in the future. He went off the handle. I received numerous emails and threatening phone calls from him. His rambling phone message was completely psychotic. He mentioned that there was a warrant out for his arrest for domestic violence. He said he had been institutionalized but supposedly now his meds were straightened out. (I don't think they've worked that part out yet). He then emailed that he had sent the money order but left out the post office box. He called and left that message as well. I ignored him.

Today I received a number of phone calls from him. I wouldn't take them. He left a voice message threatening me. He then tried to contact me through Facebook. He sent me the following message:

dont worry ill be at rosfest this year at your table u wont even recognise me ill get all my cds beofre its over ill have lil suprise waiting for you which you will be oweing me money you will have been served idiot my wife is at courts filing lawsuit against your stank nigga motherfucking ass

I have blocked him on Facebook. All of the above is documented. I recognize that he suffers from some form of severe mental illness. Regardless I must impress upon Jonathan that I take these matters very seriously. If he wants to avoid a visit from federal law enforcement he should immediately break off trying to contact me.

Ken Golden

Don Arnold
04-04-2013, 03:07 PM
^ I used to despise the use of emoticons when they first came out but I've warmed to them, and some are just classic and well-played!

BTW, I've seen a couple of profile pics using the red square with the 2 lighter bars inside. I assume it stands for something, or is a statement of support for a movement or cause? - just being curious!

battema
04-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Prognoir is a coward using supposed language barriers as an excuse for piss poor behavior. There are others on PE for whom English is not their first language, and while they may sometimes stumble with certain phrases or words, they have proven themselves more than capable of meaningful conversation. Last I checked, the use of capitalization and punctuation is not exclusive to the English language.

As for the spectacularly indecipherable accusation: Having surrendered a sizable amount of coin to Mr. Golden from 1996 to present, I can say he has never done anything less than deliver the goods and offer top shelf support when things have gone wrong (and hey, place enough orders and something is bound to get lost in transit).

Ken is an excellent vendor, a good guy and a great supporter of the scene.

And you sir, are an ass.

battema
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Now, Prognoir is on my ignore-list, like you all should do. Is there a way to actually hid all threads started by the ones on your ignore-list, so you don't have to see anything he writes?

Dude, why bother. The crackpot's posts read like WWII cyphers anyway.

Dan Marsh
04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry Ken has to deal with this guy.

NogbadTheBad
04-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I have very little time for him at the best of times but this is beyond the pale. Ken's service has been exemplary to me & from the sound to just about all his customers. This should not be on the board, the mods should ban Jegheist permanently and remove the thread. Thoroughly ridiculous. If he has an isue this is not the forum. Ken - stay sane & stay safe.

Dave (in MA)
04-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Well, I found out about an apparently good vendor that I've never used before.

Jerjo
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I've bought from Ken for a while and have never had anything but exemplary service. I also sent a moderate message on Jeg's initial post to get his ass banned.

bill g
04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
This is the only time I'll post about this and hopefully the moderators will remove the thread and ban Prognoir aka Jegheist - real name Jonathan Crout once and for all.

Jonathan tried to place an order on our website. It was declined by his bank. He replaced the order and indicated payment by check. After 2 1/2 weeks we had not received it. I contacted him and told him that I would not honor his orders in the future. He went off the handle. I received numerous emails and threatening phone calls from him. His rambling phone message was completely psychotic. He mentioned that there was a warrant out for his arrest for domestic violence. He said he had been institutionalized but supposedly now his meds were straightened out. (I don't think they've worked that part out yet). He then emailed that he had sent the money order but left out the post office box. He called and left that message as well. I ignored him.

Today I received a number of phone calls from him. I wouldn't take them. He left a voice message threatening me. He then tried to contact me through Facebook. He sent me the following message:

dont worry ill be at rosfest this year at your table u wont even recognise me ill get all my cds beofre its over ill have lil suprise waiting for you which you will be oweing me money you will have been served idiot my wife is at courts filing lawsuit against your stank nigga motherfucking ass

I have blocked him on Facebook. All of the above is documented. I recognize that he suffers from some form of severe mental illness. Regardless I must impress upon Jonathan that I take these matters very seriously. If he wants to avoid a visit from federal law enforcement he should immediately break off trying to contact me.

Ken Golden

Oh man. Thanks Ken for posting that so we all can know what's up with this person. I don't care the slightest about his typing issues, but this is absolutely beyond the ridiculous and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Wow.

Frumious B
04-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Truth to tell I don't order a lot of underground prog type music, just a handful of discs a year, but when I do I almost always use The Laser's Edge. I've never experienced anything other than a great selection, an easy to navigate and informative website and lightning fast shipping on virtually everything I've ordered.

Magic Mountain
04-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Jegheist came on chat one Friday night (3 or 4 weeks ago) and started spewing his psychotic rants and threats, and totally ruined the night for everyone in there.

That being said, I am another one that will toot Ken's horn! His service and packaging are exemplary. I usually get a shipment notice within an hour after placing my order, and my order usually arrives the next day and intact. The same can generally be said for all the prog vendors, Kinesis, Wayside, Synphonic and even Amazon. For the last 7 years at least, I have bought all my cds through the internet and am amazed at how few problems I've encountered. Probably can count them on one hand.

boilk
04-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Ken's an excellent vendor and a good guy. I've had nothing but great service via orders and personal dealings with him at NEARfest.

Sorry you have to deal with this, man.

neil

Garden Dreamer
04-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Well, I found out about an EXCELLENT vendor that I've never used before.

Corrected for ya. ;)

Knowing this clown's track record and having been a customer of Ken's several times, Ken is 100% in the right and the clown is 100% in the wrong.

Esoteric
04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Sorry ken --I do know how you feel and I always found you very nice to deal with.

Poisoned Youth
04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Hmm...