PDA

View Full Version : OptiquesJeff... Difficult health news..

ViolinCyndee
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
I thought I should let you all know what has been going on with my husband (OptiquesJeff here on PE), since I have been posting updates on fb, but not everyone here is on fb. I can't add too many more friends, since I am almost at my 5000 limit, but I can post updates here on this thread.

Anyway.. I am very sad to report that Jeff is now facing pancreatic cancer. It's in his pancreas, some lymph nodes, duodinum and has metastisized into his liver. It is not operable, as is, so his oncologist is having him start chemo tomorrow to shrink the tumors, making them operable. We will know in 6 weeks if the chemo is working the way we need it to.

Things have been very tough here, and are getting harder every day.

Scott Bails
03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh, wow, Cyndee. So very sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope for the best possible outcome for you and Jeff, and I wish you and your family peace.

You guys will be in my prayers.

Scott

ViolinCyndee
03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Oh, wow, Cyndee. So very sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope for the best possible outcome for you and Jeff, and I wish you and your family peace.

You guys will be in my prayers.

Scott

Thank you Scott...

Amy
03-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Cyndee, I think of Jeff and you often and will continue to do so, especially tomorrow as he begins treatment. Wishing for things to go the very best that they can for you both.

Hugs, hope,

Amy

scags
03-24-2013, 09:04 PM
We're all wishing you the best, Cyndee.

mozo-pg
03-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh my God, I cannot image this happening to a loved one. I'm actually not very religious at all but I'll still pull out a prayer for Jeff. Sincerely very sorry to hear this news.

Christopher Henry
03-24-2013, 10:07 PM
You guys will be in my thoughts.

zombywoof
03-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Sad news. You two were really wonderful to me at NF and helped to make me feel welcome. Please send my best to Jeff, I wish him a full recovery.

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Cyndee, I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I hope for successful treatment and a positive outcome. I wish there was more that I could do for you both.

progeezer
03-24-2013, 10:33 PM
:O:( Cyndee - all the best to Jeff and to you from Kay & I. Will be thinking about him as he starts his therapy, hoping for the best possible outcome.

arabicadabra
03-24-2013, 10:39 PM
He and you are definitely in my prayers Cyndee.

ViolinCyndee
03-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Thank you so much everyone... Your support means so much to us..

Plasmatopia
03-24-2013, 10:47 PM
So sorry to hear, Cyndee. Positive vibes being sent to you and Jeff.

ViolinCyndee
03-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks everyone.. :(

Jerjo
03-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Been following this on FB and will continue to keep you two in our thoughts and prayers

Dan Roth
03-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Cyndee - sorry to hear of this news. Will definitely keep you two in my thoughts and prayers.

Trane
03-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Cyndee,

thanks for posting here (yeah, I'm a fb hater)...

From your OP, it doesn't look good...

Pancreas problems are definitely tough...

Though I've got a buddy that has pancreatis and was diagnosed max 5 painful years... but that wazs 7 years ago, and he doesn't seem to be in pain when I see him around...

Best of luck and courage for both of you...

spacefreak
03-25-2013, 09:19 AM
I wish you all the best!

Progmatic
03-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear it...I wish you all the best....

Rarebird
03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm on Facebook, but I hardly use it. There are things I rather like not to know about Facebook friends. I've joined it to keep in touch with some people and to learn about the health of some of them, but I'm not sure I want to know everything they think.

Wishing Jeff all the best and you as well.

OptiquesJeff
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
thank you all for your support.

OptiquesJeff
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
thank you all for your support.

Scott Bails
03-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Hey Jeff. Hang in there, buddy. Obviously, we're all pullin' for ya.

NeonKnight
03-25-2013, 12:08 PM
All the best thoughts and prayers headed your way. For both of you.

Hunnibee
03-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Good luck today with the chemo. You both are in my thoughts and in my heart. *hugs*

laurainspace
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
supporting you both with positive vibes and healing thoughts.

MudShark22
03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers with you and your family during these challenging and difficult days.

- Thomas

Sunlight Caller
03-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Oh simply awful to hear you are going through such tough times, my heart goes out to you both, and I hope it all improves very soon.

spellbound
03-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Our thoughts and prayers and very best wishes go out to you, Jeff and Cyndee.

ViolinCyndee
03-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you everyone.. Your support really means alot to us..

Don Arnold
03-25-2013, 11:26 PM
More thoughts and prayers your way Cyndee and Jeff.

Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof
03-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Everything I've ever witnessed of you two, on this board and at NEARFest, has always been about love and enthusiasm for the music. You are two wonderful people who deserve only the best in life.

I am wishing for your health and happiness.

ViolinCyndee
03-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Everything I've ever witnessed of you two, on this board and at NEARFest, has always been about love and enthusiasm for the music. You are two wonderful people who deserve only the best in life.

I am wishing for your health and happiness.

Awww.. this is so nice.. <3

Thanks to everyone for all of your support..

Lou
03-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Will certainly add you and Jeff to the prayers. Best of luck to you both.

Digital_Man
03-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Sad news. I hope he gets better soon.

walt
03-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Sorry to hear of your health problems.I hope things go well for you.Good luck.

Modry Effekt
03-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Sad news.Get well bro.

kid_runningfox
03-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Having similar issues with my Dad right now - good thoughts to you both.

03-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Positive vibes to aid in the healing process sent your way!

ViolinCyndee
03-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Having similar issues with my Dad right now - good thoughts to you both.

Best of luck to your Dad, as well... <3

OptiquesJeff
03-29-2013, 02:06 PM
thank you all

Polypet
03-29-2013, 08:28 PM
we send our prayers to you both. i hope the procedures turn the tide and allow for a positive outcome to all of this.

stay strong, you guys.

Kim

ViolinCyndee
03-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks everyone.. I will post updates as we get info..

Rune Blackwings
03-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Sad about Jeff. Good luck...

wilcox660
03-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Much love to you both. Jeff & I still have some concerts to hit together! This must occur!

ViolinCyndee
03-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks everyone..

Seven8
04-04-2013, 02:21 AM
I don't log on PEv3.0 very much any more, and this forum even less, but I do remember seeing a lot of posts from you both so I'm very sorry to hear. Sending positive energy your way. Getting old sucks, but try to smile and laugh when you can - I don't believe much about religion but I do believe that a strong, positive attitude can help to heal. Beat this thing! Peace.

wideopenears
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Prayers for you both...

Rune Blackwings
04-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Jeff and Cyndee are the epitome of soul mates.

Chuck AzEee!
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh my. Cyndee here is to praying for the best for your husband's swift recovery.

ViolinCyndee
04-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Thank you everyone... Your support means so much to us.

OptiquesJeff
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you everyone... Your support means so much to us.

Likewise to me as well.

ViolinCyndee
04-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Good luck today with the chemo. You both are in my thoughts and in my heart. *hugs*

Thank you Mel... Chemo wasn't as bad this time as it was last time..

Hunnibee
04-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Chemo wasn't as bad this time as it was last time..

Glad to hear that!

Magic Mountain
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
I wish you and Jeff the best luck as you begin chemo. It is important to try and remain positive, even though at times it may seem impossible. My heart goes out to the both of you.

ViolinCyndee
04-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I wish you and Jeff the best luck as you begin chemo. It is important to try and remain positive, even though at times it may seem impossible. My heart goes out to the both of you.

Thanks MM.. yes, this is the most difficult part--especially considering the loss of our friend, Ken (Arkangel3), too.. :( Trying to focus on the mini-goal of getting the test results back in about a month..

Casey
04-09-2013, 02:47 PM
If good thoughts have the power to heal....

Many, many good thoughts are going your way.

My very best wishes for strength & peace.

Kevin/Casey

Sean
04-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Jeff, I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and Cyn during this difficult time. Stay strong.

ViolinCyndee
04-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks Sean, and everyone....

jazzcat
04-09-2013, 11:52 PM
sending warm thoughts and prayers for you jeff and cyn too

JKL2000
04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Cyndee & Jeff - I just saw this thread now. I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope things go well with the chemo. Thanks for letting us know and keeping us informed.

Jed

ViolinCyndee
04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks everyone... Chemo wasn't as bad this week as the first time a few weeks ago. He has had a decent appetite, and has spent some time outside. Of course, he is very tired.. Hoping to try to keep him positive, even with the loss of his cancer 'brother', Ken... (we will be going to the viewing tomorrow). :(

Scott Bails
04-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear that you guys had an "easier" week. Here's hoping each week gets progressively (:)) easier.

ViolinCyndee
04-10-2013, 02:24 PM
We hope so too, Scott..

Casey
04-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Stay positive!

ViolinCyndee
04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Glad to hear that you guys had an "easier" week. Here's hoping each week gets progressively (:)) easier.

Yes, but that will probably not be the case, since it is cumulative in your body. :( We are just happy that this time was not so bad. His hair is definitely coming out now, and I just tried buzzing him out on the deck with his beard trimmer, but it didn't really cut well enough. Need to get a proper razor for buzzing! (or just take him to get it done quickly--prob cheaper, too)...

MoodsWings
04-13-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you and Jeff the most positive thoughts.

Jefferson James
04-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Just visited this page for the first time, and saw this. Been aware and in touch via Facebook and happy to see some positive news! Love to you, Cyndee and of course Jeff.

progeezer
04-18-2013, 08:45 PM
What's the latest for those of us who don't do FB, CynJeff?

ViolinCyndee
04-19-2013, 02:03 AM
What's the latest for those of us who don't do FB, CynJeff?

Hey Geezer.....thanks for asking. Things are still pretty tough here. We still have to wait a bit longer before the updated CT/PET and MRI scans are taken. They will be compared to the original scans to see if the chemo is working to shrink the tumors, making them operable. We should know in a few weeks.. Very nerve-wracking to not know. We are both very anxious, and Jeff was very depressed today. On the other hand, his appetite has been pretty decent, so that is good.. He gained a few pounds at his last weigh-in, though is still very thin. He will have his 3rd chemo treatment on Monday, then an appointment with the oncologist again on Thursday. Hopefully, we will be able to schedule the new scans soon..

VickiLynn
04-19-2013, 06:08 AM
I don't know you, Cyndee (I'm new to PE), so I hesitated to write a comment yesterday when I noticed this thread, but since it popped up again this morning I just wanted to let you know I'm sending out positive energy and thoughts to you and Jeff. My mother just got her two-year "cancer free" diagnosis, and I just wanted to let you know that I can empathize a bit with your experience. I was my mom's support person during chemo and operation -- she had stage III bladder cancer -- and while the chemo was nasty stuff to deal with, it certainly did its job and shrunk her tumor down. She had her bladder removed, along with everything else adjacent, and she had "clean margins," which I attribute to the chemo. Hang in there and keep visualizing those tumors shrinking (((hug)))

Scott Bails
04-19-2013, 09:26 AM
We are both very anxious, and Jeff was very depressed today.

I can't even imagine.

However, if it helps at all, know that many of us are praying hard, sending the most positive vibes, and have you both in intense virtual hugs.

We've got your back. ;)

Dan Roth
04-19-2013, 09:41 AM
We are both very anxious, and Jeff was very depressed today.

Positive thoughts and prayers coming at you guys from myself and Amanda.

ViolinCyndee
04-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't know you, Cyndee (I'm new to PE), so I hesitated to write a comment yesterday when I noticed this thread, but since it popped up again this morning I just wanted to let you know I'm sending out positive energy and thoughts to you and Jeff. My mother just got her two-year "cancer free" diagnosis, and I just wanted to let you know that I can empathize a bit with your experience. I was my mom's support person during chemo and operation -- she had stage III bladder cancer -- and while the chemo was nasty stuff to deal with, it certainly did its job and shrunk her tumor down. She had her bladder removed, along with everything else adjacent, and she had "clean margins," which I attribute to the chemo. Hang in there and keep visualizing those tumors shrinking (((hug)))

I really appreciate this... Nice to see you as a new member here on PE, too, and that's great news about your mom, too..

Huge thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread!

moecurlythanu
04-19-2013, 02:50 PM
I just saw this now. Very sad to read this Cyndee, life isn't fair. Here's hoping for a full recovery for Jeff. Cancer can be beaten!

ViolinCyndee
04-19-2013, 03:02 PM
I just saw this now. Very sad to read this Cyndee, life isn't fair. Here's hoping for a full recovery for Jeff. Cancer can be beaten!

That's what we're hoping for... We wll know in just a few weeks now...

Modry Effekt
04-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Thoughts,sending spirit of love and heal for Jeff and Cyndee.Everything will be good again,and not far away.

Dashiell Hedayat - Long Song For Zelda

http://youtu.be/M1Kqf5gPsdg

ViolinCyndee
04-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Thank you all.. All of your positive vibes are really making a difference..

progeezer
04-20-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry I'll miss my "Rosfest Walk" with you this year, Jeff!:D

Next year we'll make up for it.

ViolinCyndee
04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry I'll miss my "Rosfest Walk" with you this year, Jeff!:D

Next year we'll make up for it.

Yes, let's plan on that happening..

ViolinCyndee
04-22-2013, 11:31 PM
UPDATE:

OK today was another adventure with Jeff's health. He seemed a little out of it yesterday and slept most of the day. He had garbled speech, but I thought it was from being tired from the meds. Then today, we got ready to go to chemo, but his symptoms had worsened. His speech was highly slurred, and he was drooling from his lip, which was slack on one side. These symptoms increased for several hours, and he was drooling profusely at the chemo infusion center. It appeared that he had a stroke, so he was sent to the ER (no chemo today).

So, next was a head CT, and thorough exam, which came back negative for stroke. Since that was ruled out, they have ordered an MRI to see if there are any red flags (cancer, or anything else) in his brain. He was admitted and is being observed overnight. I went back home to get some things, and am staying overnight with him here at the hospital.

Now we wait until the MRI machine is open and then will see if he is clear. Hopefully, he will be able to get chemo tomorrow--especially since we are basically one block from the infusion center. We also hope he will be able to stay on schedule with the chemo, too.

So... always something! I will get back to all of you as soon as we have the MRI results (probably tomorrow).

Plasmatopia
04-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Wow, Cyndee, tough day...wishing the best for both of you.

Scott Bails
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Wow. Thank God it's not stroke. Praying that it's nothing more. Hang in there, guys.

ViolinCyndee
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks.. still waiting to do the MRI..

Brian Griffin
04-23-2013, 09:04 AM
I recently lost a good friend and co-worker to cancer

We had our national sales meeting last week, and they paid tribute with pictures, videos, etc which while I appreciated, really reopened the wound for me although I was really happy they did that

The following day another co-worker confided he's been diagnosed as well - devastating

Both really good people

That being said, people started sharing stories, including a mom who underwent chemo who is now cancer free for over 3 years

Stay posistive, reading back there is obviously a lot of love and good thoughts being sent your way - here's to hoping yours becomes one of the uplifting stories

BG

ForeverAutumn
04-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Cyndee, I am so sorry that you and Jeff are going through this. How terrifying it must be for you both. I had lunch on Sunday with a good friend who is going on 15-years of being cancer free. There are lots and lots of happy endings out there. I am sending my strongest and most positive thoughts and vibes in your direction. Love you to both!

ViolinCyndee
04-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Thanks everyone.. Yes, scary. Just met the oncologist here at the hospital who works with Jeff's regular oncologist. He said that the head CT showed an abnormality and that the MRI will give us a clearer picture of what is it. Still waiting to get the MRI done...

Jefferson James
04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Hoping for the best MRI news possible, Cyndee -- love to you both.

ViolinCyndee
04-24-2013, 11:07 AM
UPDATE: the general vibe of the team of doctors here is that Jeff experienced a mini-stroke. He showed minimal signs--only the slurred speech and drooling. His arms, legs, and cognitive abilities are all intact, and he can produce a smile. He does, however, have trouble only trying to move the one side of his lip, individually. He was started on a blood thinner today and is now getting an ultra-sound of his legs to check for blood clots. We should have the MRI and CT readings within a few hours....

Scott Bails
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
If it's any consolation, Cyndee, my father has had two mini-strokes and he's fine.

Yeah, I know everyone is different (hell, every stroke is different), but it sounds like Jeff's getting good care.

progeezer
04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
How are you holding up, Cyn?

"The Waiting" is indeed the hardest part. I know from my own situation in 2009.

ViolinCyndee
04-24-2013, 11:33 AM
If it's any consolation, Cyndee, my father has had two mini-strokes and he's fine.

Yeah, I know everyone is different (hell, every stroke is different), but it sounds like Jeff's getting good care.

Yes, everyone is different, but it's encouraging to hear that.. Thank you..

ViolinCyndee
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
How are you holding up, Cyn?

"The Waiting" is indeed the hardest part. I know from my own situation in 2009.

I am just hanging in there.. I feel yucky (need shower/clean clothes) and exhausted (slept in this reclining chair for 2 nights, and not very well). We keep getting more and more obsacles here.. First it was an ulcer, then cancer in duodinum, then pancreatic cancer, then stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to the liver.. and now: stroke! joy.... (not). Hopefully the MRI and CT scans from yesterday don't show us any more 'surprises'... There is an 'abnormlity' on Jeff's frontal lobe, which is probably caused by the stroke (hopefully not cancer). The doc said that the pancreatic cancer CAN spread to the brain, but that it would be highly unlikely. So.. still awaiting the readings of the MRI and CT scans to hopefully rule that out...

NeonKnight
04-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Pulling for you guys big time! Keep the faith, stay positive and all the best to you both!

Duncan Glenday
04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted, Cyndee. We're all pulling for you.

Jeff (and you!) are still in Arhlene's and my prayers and positive thoughts.

TheNefariousHED
04-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Peace and positivity!

ViolinCyndee
04-24-2013, 01:27 PM
OK.. we got confirmation from one of the doctors here at the hospital that Jeff definitely DID have a stroke, but he does NOT have any cancer in his brain. How surreal it is to be (relatively) happy about having a stroke, but when the alternative could be cancer, it only make sense..

So, he has the one clot in his brain, and one in his lung. The blood thinner shot should be able to resolve this very easily. Jeff will be administering the shots daily, and is about to give himself his first shot while the nurse coaches him.

Scott Bails
04-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Good news. :up

Duncan Glenday
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Huge relief!

thanks again for the updates - we're still pulling for his recovery from the other ussues he's facing.

VickiLynn
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Still sending out positive thoughts for healing and strength :)

ViolinCyndee
04-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes we are happy that it was a stroke! How surreal is it to be happy about a stroke? :)

Magic Mountain
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Glad to hear that there was some good news for a change. Here's to more in the future!

progeezer
04-24-2013, 04:15 PM
OK.. we got confirmation from one of the doctors here at the hospital that Jeff definitely DID have a stroke, but he does NOT have any cancer in his brain. How surreal it is to be (relatively) happy about having a stroke, but when the alternative could be cancer, it only make sense..

So, he has the one clot in his brain, and one in his lung. The blood thinner shot should be able to resolve this very easily. Jeff will be administering the shots daily, and is about to give himself his first shot while the nurse coaches him.That's some good news! If they are subcutaneous pre-filled syringes that are self administered in the tummy, been there (more than once), done that (both Heparin & Lovastatin).

Jeff, don't think it's just you if you have some bruising (black & blue-ness) at the injection sites. (no pain though). It isn't:).

Polypet
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
that's most excellent - and yes surreal to be happy about it but...

hopefully, he'll fully recover from the stroke and regain all of his faculties (including lip movement). also, here's to the blood thinner keeping this from happening again.

i can only imagine the anxiety around all of this. we've gone through this with loved ones in the past and i know it's a lot. do try to get as much rest as you can and take solace
where you can find it. the love and supportive energy you're getting from your friends and family may see you through this. i sure hope so.

stay strong, you two. know that you're in our hearts as you go through it. if you need anything, let me know :P

Kim

mozo-pg
04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
:up

ViolinCyndee
04-30-2013, 03:27 PM
UPDATE: we are at the chemo infusion center, but Jeff's hemoglobin was too low for him to receive chemo today. He is now getting a blood transfusion, and we'll be back on Friday for chemo. He is at his lowest weight ever, so we need to work on getting in more calories at every opportunity.. :(

progeezer
04-30-2013, 03:30 PM
:( indeed!

Hang in there, you guys. We're all here hoping & praying (depending on one's theology) for the best.

Duncan Glenday
04-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the update, Cyndee.

I hope Jeff knows how strongly we're all pulling for him!

Modry Effekt
04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
UPDATE: we are at the chemo infusion center, but Jeff's hemoglobin was too low for him to receive chemo today. He is now getting a blood transfusion, and we'll be back on Friday for chemo. He is at his lowest weight ever, so we need to work on getting in more calories at every opportunity.. :(

We love you.If Jeff can't hear this at moment.Tell him he has a new friend.

STEVE HILLAGE - MOTIVATION RADIO - Saucer Surfing

http://youtu.be/YPW-jMTr-B4

ViolinCyndee
04-30-2013, 04:11 PM
We love you.If Jeff can't hear this at moment.Tell him he has a new friend.

STEVE HILLAGE - MOTIVATION RADIO - Saucer Surfing

http://youtu.be/YPW-jMTr-B4

Beautiful.. thank you so much..

JKL2000
04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Yes, definitely pulling for you both. Hang in.

tom unbound
05-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Jeff !! And Cyndee !! I just spotted this ! (I'm not a facebooker and don't hit all the nooks and crannies here at PE) What a shock ! If there's anything I can do or send - Please let me know !!
I met Jeff once at Nearfest, he came up to me and introduced himself, he recognized my Tom Unbound shirt. That was so cool of him. Love and best wishes to the two of you !!! (insert heart shaped smiley here) (twice)

ViolinCyndee
05-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks everyone... Hopefully, his hemoglobin count will be fine for him getting chemo tomorrow (re-scheduled from Tues)

Seven8
05-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Being "happy" that it was a stroke reminded me of when I heard Kerry Livgren say he was thankful that he'd had a stroke. Gotta look at it in a positive sense. It sounds like Jeff is in good hands. Hang in there, you two, and stay strong!

ViolinCyndee
05-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Being "happy" that it was a stroke reminded me of when I heard Kerry Livgren say he was thankful that he'd had a stroke. Gotta look at it in a positive sense. It sounds like Jeff is in good hands. Hang in there, you two, and stay strong!

Yes, trying to stay strong for him. Sometimes, he looks like he is giving up already, but I have to keep on him about trying... He has only had 3 chemo treatments, so far, so we need to give things more time to kick in..

ForeverAutumn
05-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Please don't forget to take care of yourself too Cyndee.

I think about you both every day.

Modry Effekt
05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Please don't forget to take care of yourself too Cyndee.

I think about you both every day.

I do also.I pray for you Cyndee and Jeff.Hang in there.I love you.

Bill Fay - Love Is The Tune

http://youtu.be/CtzasqsUJ7Q

ViolinCyndee
05-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone...

Modry Effekt
05-10-2013, 11:15 PM
For Cyndee and Jeff.
This is important.When we meet we talk about this.
http://youtu.be/VGZ-WrQU_k0

Dave G
05-16-2013, 11:27 AM
hi just saw this thread, so sorry to hear about all this Jeff & Cyndee....
please know my thoughts are with you both
wishing you lots of strength

ViolinCyndee
05-16-2013, 11:40 AM
hi just saw this thread, so sorry to hear about all this Jeff & Cyndee....
please know my thoughts are with you both
wishing you lots of strength

Thank you Dave...

We'll take any little bit of good news, which we got on Tues. at the oncologist: Jeff's liver is now functioning at a normal level. This could indicate that the tumors in the liver are shrinking, but cannot be confirmed until his next CT scan within the next 2 weeks.. He also gained a few pounds this week.. Chemo tomorrow..

Scott Bails
05-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Incremental good news is still good news!

Dan Marsh
05-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Loving thoughts being sent your way to the both of you!

05-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Incremental good news is still good news!

Agreed! Looking forward to hearing plenty more!

Modry Effekt
05-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Thank you Dave...

We'll take any little bit of good news, which we got on Tues. at the oncologist: Jeff's liver is now functioning at a normal level. This could indicate that the tumors in the liver are shrinking, but cannot be confirmed until his next CT scan within the next 2 weeks.. He also gained a few pounds this week.. Chemo tomorrow..

For Cyndee and jeff.You can do this ! Fight like a lions.

http://youtu.be/P1gufb1qac4

tom unbound
05-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Liver working, gaining weight ! Defiantly good news !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gSDZ_fpaFA

(Rainbow Dome's healing power also recommended !)

spacefreak
05-17-2013, 07:11 AM
All the best... Stay strong!

Progmatic
05-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Thank you Dave...

great news...keep them coming....:up

ViolinCyndee
05-18-2013, 04:05 PM
OK the weight he gained last week was only temporary.. Back down to 120 pounds. :( He got 1 unit of blood yesterday, and will have another unit tranfused in on Monday. He will have his first psych appointment since his dianogisis this Monday, too. He really needs this---way too much for him to deal with..

One good thing did happen this week, though: RMI recorded 2 sets for the Gagliarchives in our livingroom on Thurs. It was really great for Jeff, and everyone was so full of love for him, taking pics with him and giving him/us so much support.

progeezer
05-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Awesome about the Massacres, Cyn!:)

Keep on keeping on, you guys!

ViolinCyndee
05-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes, he is so happy about the show! It really did wonders for his spirits. Thanks to Tom Gagliardi for letting us host...

Polypet
05-18-2013, 06:20 PM
upbeat spirits can only help, eh?

stay strong you guys...

our hearts are with you,

Kim

ViolinCyndee
05-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Thank you Kim... xoxo

NogbadTheBad
05-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Truly wonderful of Tom and RMI to pull that off. Rooting for you guys

Plasmatopia
05-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Music is a healing force. I can definitely see how having RMI there could lift his spirits!

IMWeasel
05-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I know I'm pretty absent from this place these days, but get well soon dude.

ViolinCyndee
05-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for your support..

OptiquesJeff
05-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Beautiful.. thank you so much..

indeed

OptiquesJeff
05-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Yes, he is so happy about the show! It really did wonders for his spirits. Thanks to Tom Gagliardi for letting us host...
it was awesome...best day I've had in quite some time.

Duncan Glenday
05-21-2013, 01:48 AM
it was awesome...best day I've had in quite some time.

Good to "see you" here, Jeff!

wilcox660
05-24-2013, 09:31 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/wilcox660/jc_zpsd4899b33.jpg (http://s108.photobucket.com/user/wilcox660/media/jc_zpsd4899b33.jpg.html)

A pic I shot back in 2009. Hope it brings a smile to all!

Magic Mountain
05-25-2013, 01:11 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/wilcox660/jc_zpsd4899b33.jpg (http://s108.photobucket.com/user/wilcox660/media/jc_zpsd4899b33.jpg.html)

A pic I shot back in 2009. Hope it brings a smile to all!

Nice picture John! Looks like NF.

Jeff-and-Cindy...I am still wishing all the best for the both of you.

Fox
05-25-2013, 10:01 AM
:D Keep on smiling Jeff and Cindy. Charlie and I send are sending healing vibes.

ViolinCyndee
05-25-2013, 09:27 PM
UPDATE...

We had another 'fun' adventure this week with Jeff's health, and the scare of my life. On Thursday, Jeff was getting up out of bed to come downstairs, and I heard him moaning up in the landing. I got the phone and when I came back up, he was seizing, eyes wide open, mouth open and blood coming out of his mouth. I thought he was dead and freaked out, screaming. I was able to call 911 and followed the ambulance to the hospital. He has been on fluids since Thursday and received 2 units of blood. His magnesium and potassium were very low, so they have been infusing those, as well.

Hopefully, he will be able to go home tomorrow.. I/we do not need this kind of excitement... :(

Scott Bails
05-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Wow, Cyndee. :O

No, you don't need that excitement at all. I know you're worried sick about Jeff, but please make sure to take care of yourself, too.

ViolinCyndee
05-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Wow, Cyndee. :O

No, you don't need that excitement at all. I know you're worried sick about Jeff, but please make sure to take care of yourself, too.

Thanks Scott... I really did almost lose it completely on Thurs. The only thing keeping me on track WAS taking care of him..

ViolinCyndee
05-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks for posting the pic, wil!! :)

wilcox660
05-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Do you mean the one I posted?

ViolinCyndee
05-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Do you mean the one I posted?

Yes, that is exactly what I meant! My mind is kinda shot right now.. Thanks for posting the pic.. :) (fixed my post!)

ViolinCyndee
05-26-2013, 05:08 PM
UPDATE: we will be going home in a few hours. He is just finishing up an infusion of potassium, then we can finally go. At least we will have one day together this holiday weekend that we can actually enjoy before I have to work on Tuesday. I should just be happy he is still with us, and that he was not home alone when the seizure happened....

mozo-pg
05-26-2013, 05:13 PM
My best wishes for you and Jeff. I think it's very healthy to post your struggles on PE. There is obviously a lot of people who care.

ViolinCyndee
05-26-2013, 05:22 PM
My best wishes for you and Jeff. I think it's very healthy to post your struggles on PE. There is obviously a lot of people who care.

Thanks... I know that people do care here, and we appreciate all of the love and support during this very difficult time.. xoxo

ViolinCyndee
06-03-2013, 12:58 AM
UPDATE: Jeff is in the hospital again. He was especially weak today, so I took him to Jefferson. Good thing, because his white cell count is extremely high and he is running a fever. They did some bloodwork, CT, and MRI to diagnose where there may be an infection. He's getting IV fluids, too, since he is dehydrated again. Should have more news tomorrow..

VickiLynn
06-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Sending out strength for you both, Cyndee. I hope Jeff is feeling better now that he's getting the fluids that he needs.

ViolinCyndee
06-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Sending out strength for you both, Cyndee. I hope Jeff is feeling better now that he's getting the fluids that he needs.

Thank you Vicki...He looks about the same, but at least he's eating right now..

We should have more info in a few hours...

Scott Bails
06-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated, Cyndee.

dropforge
06-03-2013, 09:28 PM
UPDATE: Jeff is in the hospital again. He was especially weak today, so I took him to Jefferson. Good thing, because his white cell count is extremely high and he is running a fever. They did some bloodwork, CT, and MRI to diagnose where there may be an infection. He's getting IV fluids, too, since he is dehydrated again. Should have more news tomorrow..

Is he still in the hospital? Are they going to let him go home today/tonight?

ViolinCyndee
06-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Is he still in the hospital? Are they going to let him go home today/tonight?

He cannot go yet.. he is very weak, still..

UPDATE: Jeff's culture samples came back negative for infection, so the fever is likely due to the tumors on his liver. His white cell count is probably due to the Nulasta shot he gets after chemo to stimulate white cell production. He is a bit anemic now, so will be receiving a blood transfusion soon. Neurologist said that his seizure was likely due to malnutrition and nothing neurologically, but they want to make sure his brainwave activity is normal, so did the EEG today. We'll have the results of the EEG tomorrow..

Scott Bails
06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Some really dumb questions, please forgive me...

He cannot go yet.. he is very weak, still..

UPDATE: Jeff's culture samples came back negative for infection, so the fever is likely due to the tumors on his liver.

This sounds bad? Or would it have been a better scenario if it had been infection?

Neurologist said that his seizure was likely due to malnutrition and nothing neurologically

Obviously this is good news, but shouldn't his nutrition be taken care of by the hospital?

Not trying to get too into your business here, Cyndee. Please only respond if you have the time or inclination.

Wishing for good results from the EEG....

ViolinCyndee
06-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Some really dumb questions, please forgive me...

This sounds bad? Or would it have been a better scenario if it had been infection?

Obviously this is good news, but shouldn't his nutrition be taken care of by the hospital?

Not trying to get too into your business here, Cyndee. Please only respond if you have the time or inclination.

Wishing for good results from the EEG....

Scott.. not dumb questions! It would prob be better if he had an infection, since they'd treat it with antibiotics. And... yes, the hospital is trying to take care of him, nutritionally, as I am. But, when he refuses to eat enough, or drink enough water, things are tough. He is on a supplements, has gotten infusions of potassium and magnesium, and they are trying to get him to eat and drink enough. Of course, the IV fluids are taking care of the liquids for now, but he will actually have to drink enough when we go home. Everyone's telling him this but he cannot seem to make it happen, so far.. :(

ViolinCyndee
06-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I think the EEG will be fine.. They are just ruling everything else out as much as possible...

Scott Bails
06-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Hmm...I see. Thanks for the response. The feeding thing sounds like it can be pretty rough.

Man, you guys really need a break. Hope you get one soon.

ViolinCyndee
06-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Hmm...I see. Thanks for the response. The feeding thing sounds like it can be pretty rough.

Man, you guys really need a break. Hope you get one soon.

It's very rough and causing major problems, such as the seizure, not being able to get chemo, etc... :( He is at his record low weight and is extremely weak.. I hate to see him like this. :(

VickiLynn
06-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Chemo can really put a damper on appetite. My mother was able to tolerate shakes when she didn't feel like eating, so we added protein powders, Greek yogurt, fruits. I'm sure the dietitian at the hospital has given you tons of "tips" for stimulating Jeff's appetite. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and picturing a good report tomorrow.

ViolinCyndee
06-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Chemo can really put a damper on appetite. My mother was able to tolerate shakes when she didn't feel like eating, so we added protein powders, Greek yogurt, fruits. I'm sure the dietitian at the hospital has given you tons of "tips" for stimulating Jeff's appetite. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and picturing a good report tomorrow.

Yup, we have been doing smoothies all along. The dietitian is impressed with my knowledge of food, smoothies, etc.. But, the problem is not what I give him, it's what he actually gets IN there! He is having so much trouble even with smoothies...

progeezer
06-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Stay strong, sweetie!

I was with Duncan last night and we talked about all the s**t you're BOTH going through right now and how we both have you in our thoughts, fervently hoping for the best possible scenario.

Duncan is doing some consulting here in Madison for a few more weeks, and last night the one local prog band had a gig.

ViolinCyndee
06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Thanks Geezer and everyone.. xoxo

Polypet
06-05-2013, 01:48 PM
please let Jeff know we're pulling for him - chemo is brutal, and i know you guys have been truly in a battle thus far. i really do hope he can pull through and start getting his weight and strength back.

you are in our hearts and we wish you all the best with this. hugs and love to you both. hang in there, hon.

Kim

ForeverAutumn
06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Cyndee, I just wanted to pipe in and let you know that I'm thinking about you both and sending lots of love, hope, and positivity your way.

laurainspace
06-06-2013, 01:08 AM
*hugs* here too (as well as on FB). thanks for keeping us posted, Cyndee, and were here for you and Jeff (in the larger metaphorical sense of "here").

ViolinCyndee
06-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart...

ViolinCyndee
06-06-2013, 11:59 PM
UPDATE: Jeff had his oncology appointment today, and his doctor told us that his tumors are still growing, and his ulcer is getting larger too, from the tumors. She is going to switch chemo drugs, and start him on them ASAP. Even though the drugs he has been getting are the most aggressive combo, sometimes, switching to other drugs can make a difference for some patients. <crossing fingers> We really appreciate all of the love and support everyone has been showing us during this difficult time..

Don Arnold
06-07-2013, 01:20 AM
Continued prayers for you and Jeff. And thanks for all the updates. Even though I've never met you two, it seems through PE and this thread you've become much more than just two other folks on the planet, as I visit this thread regularly to keep up with how you're doing. Hang in there, never give up....and play some prog.

ViolinCyndee
06-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Continued prayers for you and Jeff. And thanks for all the updates. Even though I've never met you two, it seems through PE and this thread you've become much more than just two other folks on the planet, as I visit this thread regularly to keep up with how you're doing. Hang in there, never give up....and play some prog.

Thank you for taking an interest in us... We appreciate the support so much..

Scott Bails
06-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Really appreciate the updates, Cyndee. No doubt you have other things on your mind.

ViolinCyndee
06-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Really appreciate the updates, Cyndee. No doubt you have other things on your mind.

Thanks Scott, and yes I do. Things are harder every single day, as he loses independence and gets weaker. Crossing our fingers about the new chemo working for him..

Btw, posting updates is helpful to me--a way to vent, and also glad to get all the love and support everyone has been showing to us during this difficult time. Means SO much... xoxo

progeezer
06-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Without being specific, I know from personal experience a lot of what you're feeling, Cyn. I'm glad that these updates are helping you cope.

It's not easy feeling angry and helpless at the same time.

We're all here, hon!

Plasmatopia
06-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Glad the posts are helping you to vent, Cyndee. I may not say much, but I check here every day and (rather quietly) root for you both. All the best to you guys.

Dan Roth
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I may not say much, but I check here every day and (rather quietly) root for you both. All the best to you guys.

Same here.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Rooting for both of you.

Jerjo
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Still sending the positive vibes...stay strong.

ViolinCyndee
06-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks everyone!!! xoxo

Modry Effekt
06-09-2013, 02:33 AM
Sending positive vibes to Jeff and Cyndee.Sending lot of love :)

Jorge Ben & Lucinha Lins - Georgia e Jorge

http://youtu.be/CPpxVxp80hw

ViolinCyndee
06-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone.. things are getting tougher..

VickiLynn
06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks everyone.. things are getting tougher..
I'm sorry to hear that, Cyndee. Love, strength and peace to you both.

Rune Blackwings
06-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Sorry for all the tough things you are going through.

Duncan Glenday
06-10-2013, 10:56 PM
...things are getting tougher..

We're still pulling for you guys, Cyndee. Send jeff our best regards, and be sure he knows how many people are supporting him.

progeezer
06-10-2013, 11:10 PM
It's hard I know, but stay as strong and positive as you can, Cyn. I'm not a Christian, but my ex-wife & kids are, and I mentioned your travails to them and how it bummed me out.

FWIW (might as well cover all the bases:)), they all prayed for Jeff in church Sunday and made a request that the whole church pray. Not my scene, but I felt I should tell you guys about that.

ViolinCyndee
06-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks everyone.. xoxo

Geezer... Jeff and I aren't into the whole praying thing either, but the thoughts are nice!

mozo-pg
06-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Please don't forget how much everyone cares about Jeff's health and how we realize how tough this is for you and his loved ones.

Garden Dreamer
06-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Hoping for a positive outcome for you and Jeff, Cyn.