PDA

View Full Version : Esoteric Feb/March and April plus Todd Rundgren new album

Esoteric
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Hi guys

heres our updated schedule

February
Greg Lake-Songs of a Lifetime (excellent new live album from recent tour-contains chat and music and is programmable)
Climax Blues Band-Plays On
Climax Blues Band-A lot of Bottle
Climax Chicago Blues Band --s/t
(the Climax Blues Band albums have signifcant amounts of bonus material)
FM-Direct to Disc
FM-Black Noise
Wigwam-Tombstone-Valentine
Chicken Shack-Goodbye
Chicken Shack-Unlucky Boy

Details of all the above can all be found on the website www.esotericrecordings.com

March
Sanguine Hum-Weight of the World--new studio album following on from the terrific Diving Bell--- , 2 disc and single Cd version plus vinyl--- 2 disc version has the behind the scenes making of the album.

Oliver Wakeman and Gordon Giltrap---Ravens and Lullabies --new studio album ----2 CD and single Cd version. 2CD will be digipack, signed and have unreleased tracks and live versions,

Soft Machine Legacy--Burden of Proof--new studio album with John Etheridge, John Marshall, Theo Travis and Roy Babbington, CD and vinyl edition

Pavlovs Dog--Pampered Menial

Pavlovs Dog-At the sound of the Bell

FM-City of Fear

FM-Surveillance

Barclay James Harvest--Glasnost --returned to original and full running order. The gig in front of 180,000 people in 1987 in the old East germany.--2CD edition.

vinyls are only available by mail order direct from the website www.esotericrecordings.com (Lifesigns, Soft machine Legacy, Sanguine Hum, Hawkwind Light orchestra-stellar Variations and Dave Brock-Looking for Love)

These titles are all on the website.

APRIL

Todd Rundgren-State (new studio album)

Juicy Lucy-Get a Whiff of This
Cochise-Velver Mountain (anthology of all recorded output from Cochise)
Mountain-Go for your Life
Climax Blues Band-FM Live
Climax Blues Band-Rich Man
Climax Blues Band-Tightly Knit,

As many of you know we are releasing Todd Rundgrens new studio album on April 8th "State" on Esoteric Antenna.
Todd will be touring in the USA, Scandinavia and the UK in May and June 2013. I will issue a separate press release on this.

John Lees Barclay James Harvest are playing in Holland and Germany in April 2013 and the UK in November. Full details on the JLBJH website along with ticket links www.barclayjamesharvest.com . Gordon Giltrap and Oliver Wakeman will be special guests of the band in the UK.

We also have Marks new podcast number 2 up and running on the Esoteric website, Feb releases plus featured artist--Wigwam. We had a hiccup last week due to "security" from You Tube actually blocking our own material--but now all sorted. This is also a downloadable MP3. We have had lots of nice comments about the podcasts--so worth a listen.

www.esotericrecordings.com

Kind Regards as always

Vicky Powell
Esoteric

Esoteric
02-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Also as you can see from the separate press release we've announced Hawkwinds-Warrior on the Edge of Time remaster for May as well

Rarebird
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
I suppose the Cochise anthology is not the German Cochise.

I'm defenitly going to buy the FM CD's.

LighthouseKeeper
02-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Sign me up for Black Noise, I have a pretty good rip from my vinyl direct-to-disc so I'll have to think on it. Maybe if it is a different version. There were 3 or 4.

spacefreak
02-14-2013, 03:30 AM
German Cochise.

Do you think they could sell more than 100 copies if reissued??? :D

Rarebird
02-14-2013, 05:50 AM
German Cochise.

Do you think they could sell more than 100 copies if reissued??? :D
Why not? I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes them. I have 3 CD's by them and would love to have them all. I don't see anything wrong with them. I like them more than a lot of music that is praised on this forum.

Rarebird
02-14-2013, 05:52 AM
Any chance of a rerelease of the other Colosseum II albums?

spacefreak
02-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Why not? I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes them. I have 3 CD's by them and would love to have them all. I don't see anything wrong with them. I like them more than a lot of music that is praised on this forum.

You misunderstood... I was not referring to their music quality but to the sad fact that there is no interest for such (under the radar) obscurities nowadays.

Rarebird
02-14-2013, 08:24 AM
You misunderstood... I was not referring to their music quality but to the sad fact that there is no interest for such (under the radar) obscurities nowadays.
Yes they are obscure, but I think they could have a more mainstream audience, though their lyrics might be a bit to left-wing for some.

moecurlythanu
02-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Someone from Italy contacted me, wanting a burn of my Paul Kent LP. He also asked if a reissue was available. After a bit of thought, I replied, "I'm surprised that Esoteric hasn't done a CD reissue of this. You might want to email Mark & Vicky and put a word in their ear, as this one and the P.C. Kent LP would be a good fit for their label, and they do nice reissues."

Ever tried to license those albums, Vicky?

Christopher Henry
02-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Any chance of a rerelease of the other Colosseum II albums?

I'd like to see this.