PDA

View Full Version : Big Big Train - English Electric Part 1 on vinyl, with bonus tracks!

PlaneGroovy
11-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Plane Groovy have yet another huge announcement this bonfire night; we’re releasing the exceptional “English Electric Part 1” by Big Big Train as a double heavyweight vinyl album, in a limited edition of 500 numbered copies. This is quite simply my favourite UK release of the year, and I couldn’t be more pleased to get the chance to put the album out on vinyl.

As well as the regular album this release contains two bonus tracks; “Victorian Brickwork” from “The Underfall Yard” and “Kingmaker” which will feature new keyboard parts from Andy Tillison … recorded especially for this release.

If you’re not familiar with the album then I urge you to give it a try. For a wealth of background information about the songs themselves, please check out these links …

http://bigbigtrain.blogspot.co.uk/
http://soundemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

… and to pre-order the album from midnight on 6 November, visit www.planegroovy.com

We expect to receive delivery of the album in mid-December.

JKL2000
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Vinyl with bonus tracks - don't think I've ever heard of that before!

Jerjo
11-05-2012, 10:13 PM
The Decemberists Picaresque vinyl had a side of bonus tracks. But considering my love for this CD I might succumb to this offer. Or demand it for Christmas.

bill g
11-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Kingmaker is one of my favorite Big Big Train tracks (he he) of all time.

ChrisXymphonia
11-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I am not entirely sure but I think these bonustracks will eventually end up on the archival collection Station Masters.

Staun
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Thought UY would be first but I'm looking forward to this as well.

3RP
11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
What a great album.
Should be up for Album Of The Year Award.
If you do not own English Electric - Part One. make sure to get it because it is a gem!!!!

Big Ears
11-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I am not sure I understand digitally recorded material being released on vinyl (and not on CD). I assume this was digitally recorded. Nevertheless, I would be interested in hearing the bonus tracks in one form or another.

PlaneGroovy
02-16-2013, 07:36 PM
What a great album.
Should be up for Album Of The Year Award.
If you do not own English Electric - Part One. make sure to get it because it is a gem!!!!

You called it! Number One album in the DPRP Poll of 2012 releases ...