PDA

View Full Version : Groups question

adewolf
12-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey guys:
I am getting used to the new PE. Thanks for all the work.
Is there any way to be notified of new postings in group threads?

NogbadTheBad
12-26-2012, 08:36 AM
You can subscribe to Groups the same way as threads. I go to Settings when I first get to the site and if any Group Threads have new posts then the Group name is shown in bold

Scott Bails
12-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Also, if you click on the "New Posts" option on the menu at the top of the forum, the next screen then has a "New Group Messages" option that will give you a sort of "New Posts" screen for your groups.

moecurlythanu
01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I just clicked on the groups link, which took me to the 3 column page, my groups on the left, and the general roster on the right. In one of my groups, the Scotch thread 3.0, it showed the last activity as 10 hours ago. When I opened the thread and made it to the last page, and found the last post...It was 3 days ago. It's the only thread, and there are no pictures. A quick glance revealed no mention of editing. What could this activity consist of?

:huh

moecurlythanu
01-04-2013, 09:38 AM
^ Apparently "That which must not be asked."

I'll try another - Can the starter of a group delete that group? I tried to delete one I started, and even though a delete button was visible, clicking on it brought up a notice about not having administrative privileges, or something like that.
So once they're here, they're permanent?

NogbadTheBad
01-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I had one I needed to delete so I asked Duncan to do it.

Duncan Glenday
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I had one I needed to delete so I asked Duncan to do it.

This

moecurlythanu
01-04-2013, 11:49 AM
This

You can dump the Private v3 group. It's a 2 man group with no pics, etc, so we can just use the PM feature. Thanks.

Duncan Glenday
01-04-2013, 01:18 PM
You can dump the Private v3 group. It's a 2 man group with no pics, etc, so we can just use the PM feature. Thanks.

Done