PDA

View Full Version : Liars - WIXIW

Sunhillow
11-05-2012, 02:01 AM
For some reason, I'm getting caught up in this new Liars-album, called "WIXIW". Their sound is a bit electronic, a bit trip-hop, a bit Joy Division, kinda like The Xx, but then made by their dads.

More fans of this album? It's the only album by Liars I know, how does their previous material stand out compared to this?

Here's a clip (oh boy! first Youtube-embedding here):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrgqHcL9t1A

Sunhillow
11-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Nobody? :(

Levgan
11-11-2012, 07:06 AM
I enjoyed this album a lot - thought it had certain Radiohead moves, in how they balance hooky songwriting with farout electronica.

To be honest, none of the previous Liars albums that I tried made any lasting impression. However, among fans of the band the early / mid-period stuff is generally believed to be the best, so it seems I started enjoying Liars when they ceased being themselves.

Sunhillow
11-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I enjoyed this album a lot - thought it had certain Radiohead moves, in how they balance hooky songwriting with farout electronica.

To be honest, none of the previous Liars albums that I tried made any lasting impression. However, among fans of the band the early / mid-period stuff is generally believed to be the best, so it seems I started enjoying Liars when they ceased being themselves.

Hmm, that's a pity. Thanks for the response, though.